X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakley Gov Discount

There are certain laws out there but for this you can send the copy. I'm not sure about military ID but I know when I went to open up a new bank account and they needed a copy of my civilian drivers liscence they had to make the image larger than what the card actually is. It couldnt be an exact copy. Thousands of soldiers send in a copy of their military ID to Oakley, you are good to go. Doesnt make it right just because others do it, but something would have been said to Oakley by now if it wasnt ok to do it.

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]something would have been said to Oakley by now if it wasnt ok to do it.[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? This is too good of a deal to pass up, picture of id or no picture of id.

Comment

[QUOTE=shutterm4]You sure about that? This is too good of a deal to pass up, picture of id or no picture of id.[/QUOTE]

I got on there myself and signed up. The deals are pretty dang good..

Comment

Just received a pair of boots and several pairs of sunglasses. Waited about one week for processing and FedEx shipping. Easy ordering and returns.

Boots were a little too small - I wear 11W in issued boots and re-ordered 11.5W in Oakley. Sunglasses were fine. You can get eyewear with polarized lenses for $70-80 and non-polarized for $40-60. Replacement lenses run about $20. Great deal if you like the styles.

Comment

I've been on the site and bought two pairs of Gascan glasses with the American Flag 'O' logo on the sides. Outstanding!!! :D

Comment

I recently bought the Gascan style O-frames. They are awesome! price is not bad at all, they were $55 plus S&H

Comment

gascans ftw, mine are right next to me

Comment

I dont have a "Military ID" yet. Am I SOL for ordering through this site?

Comment

Yep.. you have to prove you are in and they only take the ID.

Don't worry, they are not going anywhere. I have yet to see a SM not wear Oaks.

Comment

Photocopying military, CAC IDs a violation of federal law
                      Oct 7, 2009

By U.S. Army North Provost Marshal

Recent incidents have been reported regarding the photocopying of military identification cards and common access cards by commercial establishments to verify military affiliation to provide government rates for services. The photocopying of U.S. Government identification cards is a violation of Title 18, U.S. Code Part I, Chapter 33, Section 701 and punishable by fine and imprisonment.

"This prohibition, however, does not apply to government agencies," said Robert Krauer, director of Aberdeen Proving Ground Emergency Services. "Police can make copies for official purposes."

Although asking for military/government identification is totally permissible by commercial establishments, many government personnel are unaware of the prohibition on duplication of government identification.

There are no safeguards in place to insure a government identification card won't be counterfeited or "cloned" based on a photocopy by a commercial establishment. Criminal elements and terrorist organizations place U.S. Government identification as a high value logistical element when planning acts against the U.S. military.

It's recommended that military and Department of Defense travelers provide a state drivers license or other form of photo identification to be photocopied if an establishment insists on a photocopy of the traveler's identification.

Comment

Would be more worried about the DoD that happens to have computers and laptops containing SSNs stolen every year. :rolleyes:

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]Would be more worried about the DoD that happens to have computers and laptops containing SSNs stolen every year. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I dont know what your talking about Mr. Steven Wimpleman Lord (432-45-8784) of 543 Hamton Park Dr., Iowa City, Iowa 52241

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantom]I dont know what your talking about Mr. Steven Wimpleman Lord (432-45-8784) of 543 Hamton Park Dr., Iowa City, Iowa 52241[/QUOTE]

Hahaha...that's too funny. :p

Comment

Everyone, understand this was a joke for SteveLord, he is my friend and I wouldnt post his correct info. Its just a example of ID Fraud that can happen if someone got your ID and used it for the wrong reason.

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantom]Everyone, understand this was a joke for SteveLord, he is my friend and I wouldnt post his correct info. Its just a example of ID Fraud that can happen if someone got your ID and used it for the wrong reason.[/QUOTE]

Wait....are you saying you [I]have[/I] the correct info? :p

Comment

Working...
                                X