X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakley Gov Discount

Just in case you were interested. Oakley has a site specifically designated for government employees. It doesn't have as many options as their normal site, but the discount is huge, sometimes as much as 50%.

[url]http://usstandardissue.com/[/url]

I'm sure most of you are already aware of it, but our Air TSgt in the office gave us this link yesterday. Have an Airforce Day! Or just work hard and have a great day. lol Just kidding!! It is fun having three branches in the office.

Re: Oakley Gov Discount

Mr. Q!

I know i've seen it, (well never clicked on it but assume it was the same) but some that just join the site dont go lookin' around! :P

PS, no need, I only work half the time. Cuz i'm that good and efficient!!

Privit C (Lol, someone not as familiar with our ranks was like, how come you answer the phone Private, you are a PFC, give yourself credit. Not so much, i'm a Privit)
    Last edited by WIBecky74; June 23rd, 2009, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I just ordered some for a co-worker. His case came yesterday...separate from his glasses which haven't come yet. Anticipate a week for shipping.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]I just ordered some for a co-worker. His case came yesterday...separate from his glasses which haven't come yet. Anticipate a week for shipping.[/QUOTE]

FRAUD ALERT!

Comment

Hey, I just heard about this great deal from Oakley...

Comment

[QUOTE=CPT Burritt]Hey, I just heard about this great deal from Oakley...[/QUOTE]

Sir, is that really necessary? lol

Comment

Hmm, isnt that strange. All of Mr Qs posts are gone, he seems to have been deleted. So all back and forth conversations he ever had with someone make no sense now. Is there a reason for this, Admin/Mods? He is a bit curious also. And strangely enough, his one post about a complaint of the forums is gone. Must happen when deleted?
              Last edited by WIBecky74; June 27th, 2009, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Finally got the shades after a week in a half....talk about slow in my book.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]Finally got the shades after a week in a half....talk about slow in my book.[/QUOTE]

Did you have prescription? One guy on my deployment ordered his (prescription) and it took about 2 weeks to get. They look sick in uniform and beach wear but every day wear...sets you at the same level as those kids who wear those glasses that are 10x too big "becuz they r kool"

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]Hmm, isnt that strange. All of Mr Qs posts are gone, he seems to have been deleted. So all back and forth conversations he ever had with someone make no sense now. Is there a reason for this, Admin/Mods? He is a bit curious also. And strangely enough, his one post about a complaint of the forums is gone. Must happen when deleted?[/QUOTE]

Yea I was wondering what the heck you were all talking about/to LOL

Comment

[QUOTE=Teuvil]Did you have prescription? One guy on my deployment ordered his (prescription) and it took about 2 weeks to get. They look sick in uniform and beach wear but every day wear...sets you at the same level as those kids who wear those glasses that are 10x too big "becuz they r kool"[/QUOTE]

No prescription. They were for a co-worker. I rocked AT with my $7 shades from a grocery store while every other jo schmo had Oakleys of course. :D

Comment

In Iraq, I rocked my $300 prescription titanium styled glasses (Ralph Lauren). My Kevlar kept bumping down into them and they eventually gave way and are now broken. They have a 1 year warranty and I got them before I deployed =/

Ballistic > Style

Comment

Quick question. I want to get a pair of Oakleys, but just as shades. For the discount, you have to submit a copy of your military ID. I heard somewhere that making a copy of your military ID for civilian purposes is illegal. Is this true? Or is it just if you're sending the copy to a civilian company?
                          Last edited by Dodge; June 29th, 2009, 06:30 PM.

Comment

You can omit the personal information by using Paint/Photoshop on your scanned document or by putting pieces of paper over them when you scan it. I believe their site mentions this.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dodge]Quick question. I want to get a pair of Oakleys, but just as shades. For the discount, you have to submit a copy of your military ID. I heard somewhere that making a copy of your military ID for civilian purposes is illegal. Is this true? Or is it just if you're sending the copy to a civilian company?[/QUOTE]

what? never heard of that before

Comment

Working...
                              X