X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31b Ait

I was wondering if someone could give me the specifics for 31B AIT, such as length, location, etc. Hopefully I will be enlisting soon (I'm 17 so I need a signature), and I would like to go for Military Police as my MOS. Thanks.

Re: 31b Ait

Its in ft leonard wood mo

Its about 25-30 weeks long osut=one station unit training so you'll be there the whole time

Search google.com about 31B and you should be able to get all the answers you need.

Good luck! Leonard wood has CRAZY WEATHER!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=idontknow]Its in ft leonard wood mo

Its about 25-30 weeks long osut=one station unit training so you'll be there the whole time

Search google.com about 31B and you should be able to get all the answers you need.

Good luck! Leonard wood has CRAZY WEATHER!!!![/QUOTE]

Its actually about 19 weeks. Sometimes less, depends on the cycle.

Good solid training. Google will help you find out alot of info :)

Comment

You do know that in order to be a 31B you have to be 18 on your first day of active duty right? You can still enlist at 17, but you have to be 18 when you start training. If thats a problem than you can still go 31E, which is a corrections MP.

By the way-what is your name suppozed to mean? The guard was created in 1636.

Comment

[QUOTE=lifeline]You do know that in order to be a 31B you have to be 18 on your first day of active duty right? You can still enlist at 17, but you have to be 18 when you start training. If thats a problem than you can still go 31E, which is a corrections MP.[/QUOTE]

negative. We had almost a dozen people in BCT who were 17.

Also, there is a big difference between 31B and 31E.

Comment

[QUOTE=lifeline]You do know that in order to be a 31B you have to be 18 on your first day of active duty right? You can still enlist at 17, but you have to be 18 when you start training. If thats a problem than you can still go 31E, which is a corrections MP.

By the way-what is your name suppozed to mean? The guard was created in 1636.[/QUOTE]

1776 Was when the United States officially began its Nationification. United Stated declared independence. Declaration of Independence was signed

:rolleyes: :eek: . Why would you assume it had anything to do with the Guard? Are you from the United States?

Also, you can go MP and go to OSUT when youre 17. Its been done, its happening right now, so I am pretty sure it will be ok. ;)

Comment

Also, there is a big difference between 31B and 31E.[/QUOTE]

I was looking on google a few weeks ago, and theres story after story of people who are 31B but got put into a 31E role because of personnel shortages. From what Ive heard, if you get deployed as a 31B, theres a sizeable chance you could end up doing corrections.

Comment

That is just one small role of a 31B.

31B can do a 31E job, not the other way around though:cool:

There is also a chance of being a 13F and checking ID's or pulling convoy security. That doesn't mean 13F is anything like 31B. This war is a beast where a good chunk of those deployed do not do the job they signed up for during deployment.

Comment

[QUOTE=Since 1776]I was wondering if someone could give me the specifics for 31B AIT, such as length, location, etc. Hopefully I will be enlisting soon (I'm 17 so I need a signature), and I would like to go for Military Police as my MOS. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi 1776.

Thank you for your willingness to serve our country. :)

My daughter joined last year at age 17 and is 31B (Military Police). She was still finishing high school at the time, so her training consisted of BCT last summer, finish high school, then AIT this summer. Each portion of the Army training was/is about 10 weeks. If you are already done with high school, it will be one long training (OSUT) for about 20 weeks at Ft. Leonard Wood if you are 31B. I may have the exact time wrong because I'm including MEPS, travel time, reception, and the actual training.

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll ask my daughter.

Kayla's mom

Comment

I believe OSUT is 19 weeks and 3 days of training. Add in a week on average for reception and a few days of being in your BCT co before it actually starts. You may get lucky though and only be in rcpt for 3 or 4 days and not get to your co until the day training starts.

By the time I got there the AMPS program was no more, but you might get lucky and they bring it back. If you passed phase V standards on your phase I APFT and did a few other things you were allowed to skip ahead 4 weeks or so.
                    Last edited by PFC Lowe; June 16th, 2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

First of all, thanks to everyone for your answers. It turns out Ft. Leonard Wood does have a website, so that answered my questions and gave me more information. Also, just to clarify, I will be 18 in October, so regardless of whether you need to be 18 or not when training starts, I should be fine since I'll be 18 in a few months anyway.

By the way, qcomer pretty much has it right about my name. I was thinking of the Declaration of Independence when I picked my name.

Comment

Working...
                      X