X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11C training description???

Does anyone know the difference in training between 11C and 11B?...Like where is the training, how long, and if you train with 11B and then go to train 11C after. I wanted to do 11B but there was no bonus so my recruiter said 11C was pretty much the same. I was just want to hear what is actually different. Also after Basic and AIT will I be in a platoon with 11B's?

Re: 11C training description???

11C and 11B are quite abit different.

You will be in a mortar team, humpin the mortar and rounds everywhere. Usually, you will be a tiny bit more to the rear compared to 11b. Although, you will work very closely with them because you will provide fire support for them.

Thats the extent of my knowledge, maybe an 11B or 11C will come in here to rain on some more info.

Comment

11B And 11C can be very similar for a company level mortar section with 60s, but 81s and 120s... whole different animal alltogether. Line company mortars walk and train with the bravos quite a bit. Battalion mortars roll in hmmwv or tracks with the 120s. They are usually their own entity and left alone. 60mm are under constant scrutiny so they train very visibly and publicly so they don't get a sham reputation. Just my experience.

on edit: you will not be in a platoon with 11Bs. if you are in a line company, you will be in headquarters platoon.
      any other section and you will be all 11Cs doing your own thing.
      Last edited by SHARK TWO SEVEN; June 3rd, 2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=stuc]Does anyone know the difference in training between 11C and 11B?...Like where is the training, how long, and if you train with 11B and then go to train 11C after. I wanted to do 11B but there was no bonus so my recruiter said 11C was pretty much the same. I was just want to hear what is actually different. Also after Basic and AIT will I be in a platoon with 11B's?[/QUOTE]
        If you want 11b than just say call me when there is a bonus for 11b. You may not have to wait very long. It would not be smart to screw yourself out of a bonus, and not worth being unhappy with your mos. Things always change, I am sure they can come up with something for you.

Comment

Working...
        X