X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best activity so far?

Ive been in rsp since october of 08, and we have done a number of cool things including paintball and the confidence course. Overall Id have to say the best activity by far was rapelling. Of course some drills really suck, and we just do Admin all weekend :rolleyes:

What are the best and worst RSP drill weekends youve had?

Re: Best activity so far?

Best and worst was OCIP for RSP-O (See other thread for the details)

The most fun was being the OPFOR (opposing force) for the UCLA and SDSU spring FTX a month ago.

We dressed up like terrorists were issued AK-47's (blank ammo.) and attacked the cadets while they were performing their field exercise. Another ARNG unit brought out 2 Bradley's also so the Cadets could react to IED's from a 30 mph Bradley!

We even got to attack their Patrol base (Campsite basically) in the middle of the night.

Great fun!

James

Comment

[QUOTE=GutshotStraight]
      The most fun was being the OPFOR (opposing force) for the UCLA and SDSU spring FTX a month ago.

We dressed up like terrorists were issued AK-47's (blank ammo.) and attacked the cadets while they were performing their field exercise. Another ARNG unit brought out 2 Bradley's also so the Cadets could react to IED's from a 30 mph Bradley!

We even got to attack their Patrol base (Campsite basically) in the middle of the night.

Great fun!

James[/QUOTE]

wow! that does sound fun :D I wish we did fun something like that :(

Comment

Best was going to the Rifle Marksmanship simulation course at Fort Jackson and shooting M4's. It's basically an M4 with no bullets and your shooting at a screen but the recoil and everything is the same. We got to do war aimulations where the enemy would ambush us and we had to destroy them. Also, doing the convoy simulation where you get to drve through downtown Baghdad and avoid IED's.

Worst is sitting through $exual harassment classes and just sitting around and waiting on other people's admin work to get procesed.

Comment

We had Guard Experience this past Sunday, and had basketball, kickball, dogeball, and joust (like the old American Gladiators joust, almost like pugel sticks). All of that was alot of fun. PT that morning was pretty mild.

Saturday, though, we did what me and some of the other guys called the "deck of death". One of the cadre SGTs had a deck of playing cards. Clubs were regular pushups, spades were wide pushups, hearts were situps, and diamonds were crunches. For the jokers, he would make up an exercise. When he flipped a card, we all did the number of the suit that was on the card. For a 9 of diamonds, we did 9 crunches. All face cards were 10s, and As were 12. For the jokers (somehow, there were 5 jokers in the deck) we did 40 flutter kicks twice, 50 crunches twice, and I can't remember off the top of my head what the 5th joker was. That pretty much had everyone dead. Then we ran two miles.

I hated all that work at the time, but I'm glad for it now, it should end up really helping me with my APFT score in the long run.

Comment

[QUOTE=PigginOut]Best was going to the Rifle Marksmanship simulation course at Fort Jackson and shooting M4's. It's basically an M4 with no bullets and your shooting at a screen but the recoil and everything is the same. We got to do war aimulations where the enemy would ambush us and we had to destroy them. Also, doing the convoy simulation where you get to drve through downtown Baghdad and avoid IED's.

Worst is sitting through $exual harassment classes and just sitting around and waiting on other people's admin work to get procesed.[/QUOTE]

Ya, we did that rifle simulation thing at Ft. Lewis. I thought it was pretty fun.
            Last edited by lifeline; May 21st, 2009, 08:33 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=lifeline]Talk about irony-the class was so boring it made me wanna blow my brains out:D[/QUOTE]

This is not directly personal at you, but as someone who has experienced the loss of a family member to suicide, that's simply not a funny comment.

Here is an excellent website you should visit sometime:
              [url]http://www.afsp.org/[/url]

Suicide is a very serious subject in the military, which was the whole point of the nationwide suicide awareness class. Please take it to heart so that maybe, one day in the future, you may recognize the signs in a friend, family member, or fellow soldier and be able to intervene before it is too late.

Comment

sorry, I didnt mean to offend anyone.:( I just thought the class was kind of boring.

Comment

[QUOTE=lifeline]Ya, we did that rifle simulation thing at Ft. Lewis. I thought it was pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

You mean the one were you have to shot an inch below the Target?

Comment

Working...
                  X