X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big 1-1-1

I just did my first 1-1-1 test at RSP this past weekend and was pretty thrilled with the results. I'm 35 y/o and I've been working to get myself into top shape before shipping to Ft Benning in Sept. Here are the results:

Push-ups - 44
    Sit-ups - 36
    1 mile run - 6:54 (you should have seen the faces of the teenagers as they got passed by the old guy :D )

I definitely need to work on those sit-ups. I was very steady, so it's possible I could do 70+ in 2 mins. I tried to do just that last night though and I was so sore from PT over the weekend that I couldn't get past 40. I'm not sure if I should keep pushing every day or give my abs a day of rest to recover and try again tomorrow.

I have 3 more months of "White Phase" and will have the same 1-1-1 assessment each month, so I will be able to track my progress.

Nice work. I do my first 1-1-1 this weekend at RSP. I'm 29 years old, so I'm old but not as quite as old as you.:D

Comment

Way to go man! You're kicking my but!

push-ups 30 (improved by 5 over last month)
      sit-ups 30 (steady but not soo tired at the end)
      1 mile 7:54 (chopped off 31 seconds vs last drill)

I'll be working out today sometime. I'm not so sore now, besides I needed a day off after the weekend. What great PT.

Comment

Great job!

I did my first 1-1-1 this weekend too. I was a little upset with the push-ups. I kept getting a no go because they said I wasn't moving my body as a unit. They would go, "Nope, nope, nope, yes, yes, nope, yes, nope, nope, yes, yes, etc." I don't know how I was doing some right and then some wrong? But, it is what it is. I've just got to make sure I'm doing the ALL right from now on.

Push-ups: 32 :mad:
        Sit-ups: 45 :rolleyes:
        Run: 5.52 :D

Comment

[QUOTE=Coach Reynolds]Great job!

Run: 5.52 :D[/QUOTE]

Sweet run time! :cool: My goal is to get down around 6:00. I'd really love to get that PT award.

Comment

Thanks. I just need to get my push-ups & sit-ups on track. Mainly I just need to do my push-ups the "Army Way." :confused:

Comment

I definetly have some work to do. 36 years old. 30 pu 33 su 1050 on the one mile. The sad thing about the p ups and s ups is that I was cashed out before the minute was up. Not shipping till August though. Just gotta keep pushing.

Comment

This 30-year-old has some improving to do too.

pushups- 27
                situps- 42
                run- 11.30

Katie
                UT ARNG
                Enlistment: 2009/04/02
                BCT: Ft. Jackson, SC 2009/07/28
                AIT: Ft. Lee, VA 2009/10/13
                MOS: 92C utilities repair

Comment

I should be doing a lot better than I am. I turn 23 in two weeks and I generally do about 40 push ups, 40 sit ups, and 8:20ish on the run. :mad:

Comment

Kameo, your numbers are good for a female your age. Actually, that is good for any female going into BCT. You will be leaps and bounds ahead of 95% of the females in your company.

Comment

33 SU
                      38 PU
                      9:07 Mile

23yo

Mile run was down a minute from last month and I ran hard the last lap with the help of my recruiter. Still failed, but I'm doing a lot better. I'll have the mile run down to passing by next month's drill. I have it in me... just need to keep pushing myself for more.

I am also replicating many of the intensities and exercises of drill PT and it keeps getting progressively easier.

Keep pushing for more. It gets easier with time.

Comment

I was wondering if they will help us improve our scores?

I'm not too happy with mine.. i did my own 1-1-1.

PU ~ 35
                        SU ~ 30
                        Mile ~ 7:20 (in regular clothing, not shorts and running shoes)

i'm proud of my mile, i just need to work my other two.. i've been doing push ups every other day of the week for the last few weeks, and i haven't felt much improvement.

Comment

When i'm doing pushups, situps, etc., should I be doing them every other day, so that I have a day to recoup and improve my numbers? I see some people are doing them every day and was just wondering if i'm going about this the right way.

Comment

[QUOTE=kameo1010]This 30-year-old has some improving to do too.

pushups- 27
                            situps- 42
                            run- 11.30

Katie
                            UT ARNG
                            Enlistment: 2009/04/02
                            BCT: Ft. Jackson, SC 2009/07/28
                            AIT: Ft. Lee, VA 2009/10/13
                            MOS: 92C utilities repair[/QUOTE]

I think that's pretty impressive! You should definitely be good to go at basic physically. I'm not in yet, but hopefully by the time I can get in I'll be posting numbers like that. You're kicking this 22 year olds butt, that's for sure.

Comment

[QUOTE=TradyMagrady]When i'm doing pushups, situps, etc., should I be doing them every other day, so that I have a day to recoup and improve my numbers? I see some people are doing them every day and was just wondering if i'm going about this the right way.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't know for sure exactly what I [I]should[/I] be doing, but here's what I am doing for push-ups:

I do the pyramid every other day, starting with 15 and working down to 1 and back up as close to 15 I can get with 30 secs between sets. I push until I fail, then I do them on my knees until I fail again. Last night, I got 192 before failing the first time, then finished with the cheater push-ups. On the off days, I do sets of 20 throughout the day and then "max out" in the evening. I do take 1 day off per week to recoup a bit.

I'm just starting to do the pyramid with the sit-ups, so I'm not into a good routine yet. Last night, I worked down from 15 to 1, then I did 40 flutter kicks (40 as in 1-2-3 One, 1-2-3 Two, etc) followed by 100 crunches and 100 side crunches.

I really need to start working in more long distance runs and weight training while I work to improve my sit-ups and push-ups. I'm also going to go down to the sporting goods store and buy some of the workout tubing like Sgt Ken uses. I don't want to be playing catch up when I get to Basic.

EDIT: I think the important thing is not to push yourself to the point of injury. Know your limits and remember that not all pain is good pain.
                              Last edited by apagea99; April 24th, 2009, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X