X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Requirements for NG

I was wondering about the physical requirements to join the national guard. pushups/situps/mile time
    thanks!

There is no specific requirements to join as long as you can pass the initial physical and all that other good stuff at MEPS.

Comment

ok, so there isn't a minimum amount of pushups or situps that i have to do, just that i meet the requirements at the intial physical? what are those inital requirements?

Comment

[QUOTE=jamesolson]ok, so there isn't a minimum amount of pushups or situps that i have to do, just that i meet the requirements at the intial physical? what are those inital requirements?[/QUOTE]

It is a basic medical physical. The doctor will check between your legs and tell you to spread em. They check heart beat, your ears, joints...etc.

Comment

ah. ok. thanks!

edit:[QUOTE=plano2001]The 1-1-1 test is given (normally) on Saturday at your RSP. It is 1 minute of push-ups, sit-ups, and a 1 mile run. Per your contract, to move from reception to basic, you must (THIS IS FOR MALES, I DON'T KNOW THE FEMALE STANDARD) be able to perform 17 sit-ups, 13 push-ups, and run a mile in 8:30 or less.[QUOTE]
          ^^^found this on the forums
          Last edited by jamesolson; April 13th, 2009, 03:06 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=jamesolson]ah. ok. thanks!

edit:[QUOTE=plano2001]The 1-1-1 test is given (normally) on Saturday at your RSP. It is 1 minute of push-ups, sit-ups, and a 1 mile run. Per your contract, to move from reception to basic, you must (THIS IS FOR MALES, I DON'T KNOW THE FEMALE STANDARD) be able to perform 17 sit-ups, 13 push-ups, and run a mile in 8:30 or less.[QUOTE]
            ^^^found this on the forums[/QUOTE]

That doesn't apply for your MEPS appointment. You just have to meet height/weight standards (or pass the ARMS test if you're overweight but close to the body fat %) and meet all the other physical/psychological requirements.

Comment

Did the meps thursday. passed the physical but not the psychological (ADD). Gotta wait 6mos to a year to join.

Comment

Working...
              X