X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Camo ?

1. Is the Army going all Multi Camo or are we still going to use our Digital ACU?
    2. Has anyone In the National Guard been issued the new Multi Camo Uniform?

The Army is way too heavily invested in ACU. Unfortunately, they are probably here to stay for at least the next 10 years.

Comment

Thanks I have heard a lot of rumors of this. I did how ever see this camo on a cover of a magazine but it never said the military was picking it up.

Comment

[QUOTE=AmPat]The Army is way too heavily invested in ACU. Unfortunately, they are probably here to stay for at least the next 10 years.[/QUOTE]

"Unfortunately"???????

Comment

MultiCam is better camo. But I think the ACUs "look" better. MultiCam lost out to ACUs for the bid...more than likely because MultiCam costs more. Don't expect any changes anytime soon.

Comment

[QUOTE=Draco771]"Unfortunately"???????[/QUOTE]

Ummmmm... Yes. In combat, I like to blend in with my surroundings, not wear a tool that was created as a recruiting aid.

Comment

[QUOTE=AmPat]Ummmmm... Yes. In combat, I like to blend in with my surroundings, not wear a tool that was created as a recruiting aid.[/QUOTE]
              Not to mention the velcro and stupid pockets.

Even the BDUs were more comfortable also. Oh how I missed my BDUS when they went to ACUs.

Comment

ACUs are nice when the person is not moving. When moving though its incredibly easy to see a person.

A simple game of airsoft with the other team in full ACU proved this to me early on :D

Comment

It makes a lot of sense because the guys that approved the ACU assumed that one color can blend with everything. (Sarcasm)

The only thing that need to change on them is that there should be a darker one for forest or jungle (Afghan is green) and a lighter one for desert (Iraq).

I first thought that digital was a silly idea but if you have the right color it blends pretty good. Maybe they should have field tested the ACU in an Infantry Regiment that was on workups for deployment before they through all this money at it. That is sure to get the bugs out of any equipment. Like the new Ruck Packs we were issued. (I think MOLLE). It has a plastic frame, and when we loaded them on the trucks to go back to our home station there was at least one that was broken. Playing around with it, one can see that it wont last long.
                  Last edited by thomasws81; April 2nd, 2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

"The only thing that need to change on them is that there should be a darker one for forest or jungle (Afghan is green) and a lighter one for desert (Iraq)."

That would be called MARPAT.

Comment

I don't know what your talking about Acu's work great. Please reference the picture below.

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/shutterm4/ATT8205811.jpg[/IMG]

Thats the link, Can't seem to get it to work. Click this and go to images

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ACU+couch

Comment

here is a good pic for when the ACUs work really well in my opinion

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff166/ar15reloader/ACU_works.jpg

Comment

[QUOTE=shutterm4]I don't know what your talking about Acu's work great. Please reference the picture below.

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/shutterm4/ATT8205811.jpg[/IMG]

Thats the link, Can't seem to get it to work. Click this and go to images

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ACU+couch[/QUOTE]

lol wow.... that's an ugly couch

Comment

Joshua,

I ahve seen that pic before and the ACU does a great job there. There are also a few other environments where it works well. I just think there are better patterns out there.

Comment

The Air Force uniform looks kinda odd its tiger striped. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X