X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasses in BCT

I wear glasses/contacts and I know that they supply you with glasses in BCT.

I was wondering what the glasses they give you are like. I'm not expecting a stylish pair of Gucci glasses... lol. All I want is a pair of secured glasses that are on my face long enough that I forget they're even there. It bothers me when I wear glasses and I'm in gym class and once in awhile I have to stop and "push up" my glasses.

Appreciate any info on Army glasses :D

Oh you will love them - birth control glasses

Comment

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/dd/Military_Birth_Control_Glasses.jpg/180px-[/IMG]

These were the 1990s glasses...might be more stylish now - don't know?

Comment

Yeah I just read Wikipedia on them.

To further my questions:

Will these glasses be efficient in my training in BCT, especially when it comes to BRM? Will it interfere with my aiming, etc..

Comment

YOu may have to get used to them but I would assume you will be fine many recruits before you have succeeded...I personally have never had to wear glasses so...

Comment

The military must have a 100 year contract with whoever makes those fugly glasses. LOL

Comment

hahaha probably

Comment

Now, what about AIT?

Do I have to wear these glasses in AIT and if I get deployed overseas?

What about in uniform, can I wear my civillian glasses.

Glasses are a pain in the a$$, I wear contacts but they're a pain too when they start moving around or allergies... I want Lasik surgery badly :(

Comment

GI glasses are issued at government expense to new recruits at recruit training or Officer Candidate Schools in the United States military, and are the mandatory eye wear for any recruit who requires corrective lenses. When entering recruit training, servicemembers may wear civilian glasses until government-issued ones are assigned. Contact lenses are never permissible for these exercises. After recruit training, soldiers are permitted to wear civilian glasses provided they are conservative in design and color. The military offers annual replacements for those who qualify, and personnel may request the government issued glasses in addition to several varieties of more attractive eyeware, in clear and tinted lenses, as well as prescription gas mask inserts and inserts for government-funded ballistic eyewear

I believe after basic and ait you can wear your own but they have to be ANSI certified if I am correct?!

Comment

Oh yes sir. You will get glasses. I love those things. Glad I can see and never had to wear them. You actually get used to looking at people with them on. At first, I thought they were funny but everyone got used to them. You can get a more normal looking pair at AIT.
                    Last edited by SPC Boone; March 27th, 2009, 02:41 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=robinpugs06][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/dd/Military_Birth_Control_Glasses.jpg/180px-[/IMG]

These were the 1990s glasses...might be more stylish now - don't know?[/QUOTE]

I thought the glasses nowadays have like a band you can strap around your head so your glasses can't fall off, and you won't have to push them up every once in a while? I saw them in a few pics.

[IMG]http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nostra/FramesLenses/PublishingImages/MCU2P.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

[QUOTE=EMILinator]I thought the glasses nowadays have like a band you can strap around your head so your glasses can't fall off, and you won't have to push them up every once in a while? I saw them in a few pics.

[IMG]http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nostra/FramesLenses/PublishingImages/MCU2P.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Wow. Who knew that BCGs could get uglier! At least they are more functional I guess.

Comment

[QUOTE=tu.bui]Yeah I just read Wikipedia on them.

To further my questions:

Will these glasses be efficient in my training in BCT, especially when it comes to BRM? Will it interfere with my aiming, etc..[/QUOTE]

Any thoughts??? I have the same problem with my glasses falling down and having to push them up. It's easy to deal with at home when doing my workouts, but it will be a different story at BCT. I know we're required to wear the "geek strap" and that's fine. But are they comfortable and efficient?

Comment

Ok, guess I should have turned to PAGE 2 :o

Comment

[QUOTE=EMILinator]I thought the glasses nowadays have like a band you can strap around your head so your glasses can't fall off, and you won't have to push them up every once in a while? I saw them in a few pics.

[IMG]http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nostra/FramesLenses/PublishingImages/MCU2P.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I gotta admit, I would love to wear those at BCT. They look uber :D

Comment

Working...
                              X