Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how I did it, but I when I went to basic ages ago I wore my contacts through the basic. The only time I took them out was when we went to the gas chamber.

Comment

hey, i get to wear the BCGs ohhh yeah!!!!

We can be like "the wild thing"!

[IMG]http://images.quickblogcast.com/94654-87391/CharlieSheen.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Re: Glasses in BCT

hey when do we get these glasses? do we have to order them or are they assigned at reception?

Comment

[QUOTE=Pvt. Reid]hey when do we get these glasses? do we have to order them or are they assigned at reception?[/QUOTE]

They will be ordered for you at reception. You should take your regular glasses (and a hard case to store them in) with you and the BCG's will be issued to you.

Comment

Everybody wears the BCG's in Basic... On family day, my parents snuck me my contacts so I could graduate without those ugly things on my face.. One of the perks of "blending into the crowd". The DS's didn't know my name.. thus I could get away with it.

I wore contacts throughout AIT. We did a week long FTX but I managed.

I wasn't the smartest Private lol.. but the contacts were much more functional then BCGs or the other military issue glasses I was issued.

Comment

If you have to take your own glasses with you anyway, are you allowed to wear them for graduation or do you have to wear the issued ones?

Comment

[QUOTE=ping9798]If you have to take your own glasses with you anyway, are you allowed to wear them for graduation or do you have to wear the issued ones?[/QUOTE]

It depends on your DS. Of course ours were like "Listen priiiiiivates, all you that have those bcg's will be wearinng bcg's. You wear them the whooole cylce you sure as <a href="http://www.youtube.com/nationalguard"> Click HERE</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/nationalguard"> Click HERE</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/nationalguard"> Click HERE</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/nationalguard"> Click HERE</a> will be wearing them at graduation."

Comment

Eye Glasses during Basic?

So i have glasses that i really dont wear that often. Im curious how bad your eyes have to be that you are required to wear them throughout BCT? I really dont have to have them i just weart them cause to me its like the difference in regular tv and high def tv. I dont see very well at a distance with my right eye. I cant see it being a problem in anything during basic besides Rifle Marksmanship since my right eye would be the eye i aim with. Anyways.. if anyone could provide me with some info id really appreciate it.
                  Thanks to all and any who reply

Comment

Re: Eye Glasses during Basic?

Only time I wore my bcgs in basic was for BRM. as long as the DS's don't know you wear them and you can see decent enough without them you won't have to wear them all the time. but if the ds's find out you have them they'll make sure you wear them ALL the time.

Comment

Just after the shark attack or during the shark attack stuff your BCGs in your duffle, that way your DS won't know you have them

Comment

We had to wear our issued eye pro all throughout BCT and they give the inserts to the people with prescriptions for glasses. We were given the option to wear BCG's or eye pro with inserts. I wore neither;)

Comment

The DS in my company checked everyone's medical file for eyes, and then made a list of who was issued BCG's. If you were issued them, you wore them. Didn't matter how small the difference was.

Comment

[QUOTE=31Brecruit]The DS in my company checked everyone's medical file for eyes, and then made a list of who was issued BCG's. If you were issued them, you wore them. Didn't matter how small the difference was.[/QUOTE]

That was one smart DS...haha

Comment

It will surprise you how the DS know everything that is going on. If it seems like they don't know it's more likely that they don't care...

Comment

We wore eyepro all day every day until two days before AIT graduation (so 19 weeks). I was issued BCG's and, like someone else wrote, only wore them for BRM. Most people wore the eyepro with the inserts.

Comment

Working...
                                X