• Show
Clear All

• anxiety

is anxiety disorder a disqualifier?

yes.

Have you been diagnosed by a doctor?

Comment

[QUOTE=billoney87]is anxiety disorder a disqualifier?[/QUOTE]

What about the info you got in this other thread?

[url]http://www.1800goguard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=78267#post78267[/url]

Comment

I guess that wasn't the answer they wanted???

Comment

[QUOTE=upnorthguy]What about the info you got in this other thread?

[url]http://www.1800goguard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=78267#post78267[/url][/QUOTE]

If his ADD is this bad something tells me [B]*oh look a fuzzy wabbit!!*[/B] hes not going to make it to far down the road.

Comment

Can you imagine a company of soldiers with anxiety disorders and ADD? No offense but that would be frightening :eek:

Comment

you know a simple yes or no would have sufficed....and i was just curious i have not been diagnosed by a doctor for anxiety but i have for ADD. all ADD does to me is makes me zone every once in a while and i forget stuff but i have found easy ways to cope with it.

Comment

Yes, having an anxiety disorder is a DQ. Regardless if you have been diagnosed or not, please be honest with yourself as to whether or not you are putting yourself or other soldiers down range in danger. You do not serve your country well by slipping through the cracks of a medical loophole.

Comment

Well if you haven't been diagnosed with anxiety I would not bring it up. But, if you have anxiety and classified yourself as having an anxiety disorder are you really going to do well in a high pressure environment like the military where you are going to experience high anxiety not only in training but especially if deployed to a combat zone?

Comment

[QUOTE=billoney87]you know a simple yes or no would have sufficed....and i was just curious i have not been diagnosed by a doctor for anxiety but i have for ADD. all ADD does to me is makes me zone every once in a while and i forget stuff but i have found easy ways to cope with it.[/QUOTE]

you should probably be evaluated by a doctor since you think you have it.

If he says youre clear of any personality disorders proceed from there, [B]but only after you spend much time considering whether or not you would be able to perform in a situation where peoples lives depend on you.[/B]

Comment

I completely agree with qcomer

Comment

[QUOTE=billoney87]you know a simple yes or no would have sufficed....and i was just curious i have not been diagnosed by a doctor for anxiety but i have for ADD. all ADD does to me is makes me zone every once in a while and i forget stuff but i have found easy ways to cope with it.[/QUOTE]

yes it is a PDQ. simple enought?

:rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                        X