X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry OSUT

I am planning on joining the National Guard soon as an 11B. I would like to attend BCT and AIT during the summer after my freshman year of college. Now I would like to do it all during the summer so I can start to receive college benefits (G.I. Bill, kicker, etc.). I think Infantry OSUT is 14 weeks. Has anyone been able to do all of their training between school years without missing school?

you could go split op?

Comment

My training is 17 weeks and I'm scheduled to only miss 1 week of school in the fall, but it took some tweaking w/ my school schedule. I have to leave the week of exams in April, but I've already made arrangements w/ my professors to take them early. They were more than willing to accommodate me. As long as I don't get recycled in bct, I won't have to take a semester off. This way I can use the MGIB right away and don't have to wait another year as w/ split op.

Comment

[QUOTE=speed_of_dark]My training is 17 weeks and I'm scheduled to only miss 1 week of school in the fall, but it took some tweaking w/ my school schedule. I have to leave the week of exams in April, but I've already made arrangements w/ my professors to take them early. They were more than willing to accommodate me. As long as I don't get recycled in bct, I won't have to take a semester off. This way I can use the MGIB right away and don't have to wait another year as w/ split op.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for reply. That's the same reason I wanted to do it all at once instead of the split op. Anybody else know exactly how long the Infantry OSUT takes?

Comment

Infantry osut is 14 weeks of training and I believe there is a full week of reception before. I know I ship out March 19 but I dont actually start training until March 27. My return date is July 3 which I wanted so that I would be back in time to start college. You could probably fit all your training between spring and fall semesters but it would just depend on shipping dates and slots available.

Comment

Working...
          X