X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19D (Cav/Scout) BCT?

Does anyone know were Scouts normally go to BCT? Would it be Benning with the Infantry?

They go to Ft. Knox, KY. It's right outside of Louisville.

Comment

Ft. Knox Ky. Enjoy the place lol. I hated it their.But I did basic there in winter so.Wonder if they still have disneyland there?

Comment

You will be going to Ft.Knox. I went there for my Basic training there back in '99 good times.....

If disneyland was there when I went, it's going to be their for a while.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ababb17]Does anyone know were Scouts normally go to BCT? Would it be Benning with the Infantry?[/QUOTE]

Ft. Knox right now, unless you will be shipping after September 15, 2011, cause that's the last deadline I've read for the armor school at Knox to be moved to Ft. Benning according to law.

Knox will be the new home of the human resources command or something.

Benning will be called the Maneuver Center for Excellence or something.

[url]https://www.benning.army.mil/MCOE/content/publications/MCOEfactSheet12nov08.pdf[/url]

Comment

I herd that as well. I also herd they want to close down all BCT sites but Ft. Jackson. How true that is im not sure. Just what i herd from some sgt.'s i know.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replys, while were on the subject, can anyone tell me what exactly 19D's do besides like infantry stuff? I guess what I am asking is what sets them apart from the infantry?

Comment

[QUOTE=Ababb17]Thanks for the quick replys, while were on the subject, can anyone tell me what exactly 19D's do besides like infantry stuff? I guess what I am asking is what sets them apart from the infantry?[/QUOTE]

Go get yourself on cavalryscouts.org (referral "plano2001").

There's a wealth of info there in the forums that is 19D-specific (and the whole forums ONLY addresses 19D questions).

And come back here for all your National Guard entertainment. :D

Comment

Thanks, doing so now.

Comment

Working...
                  X