X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68w question.....

my husband is startin g ait at sam houston next week.. i was wondering where he is already a massachusetts emt-b if they will let him just take his national emt test early instead of going through 7 weeks of emt basic classes all over again?

only if he is nationally registered with nremt

Comment

[QUOTE=proudarmywife86]my husband is startin g ait at sam houston next week.. i was wondering where he is already a massachusetts emt-b if they will let him just take his national emt test early instead of going through 7 weeks of emt basic classes all over again?[/QUOTE]
      He won't even take the test. He will "fast track" and go into LPC and whiskey side.

Comment

[QUOTE=cheeseman]He won't even take the test. He will "fast track" and go into LPC and whiskey side.[/QUOTE]

whats LPC? :confused:

Comment

[QUOTE=Firefighter1EMT-I]whats LPC? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Limited Primary Care.

Comment

[QUOTE=cheeseman]He won't even take the test. He will "fast track" and go into LPC and whiskey side.[/QUOTE]

so they will put him right to the whisky side? he doesnt have his national.. only state.. he needs to get his national but instead of taking 7 weeks worth of classes of stuff he already knows will they let him just test out of it?

Comment

[QUOTE=proudarmywife86]so they will put him right to the whisky side? he doesnt have his national.. only state.. he needs to get his national but instead of taking 7 weeks worth of classes of stuff he already knows will they let him just test out of it?[/QUOTE]

No, only way to skip is with national I believe. Which was said several posts up.

Comment

that is right i am a state of florida firefighter -paramedic but i have to go back to full ait for the army if i had been nremt then id be ok

Comment

[QUOTE=roadwarrior038]only if he is nationally registered with nremt[/QUOTE]
                  Roger

Negative

:D

Comment

Here is how it works. Just graduated in December. If he is an NREMT-B he will fast track. If he is state cert. already he will get the opportunity to test out so he can fast track. He will want to fast track believe me. I went all 16 weeks and had enough of that place. Many people stay there for much longer than that for several reasons.

Comment

[QUOTE=cheeseman]Here is how it works. Just graduated in December. If he is an NREMT-B he will fast track. If he is state cert. already he will get the opportunity to test out so he can fast track. He will want to fast track believe me. I went all 16 weeks and had enough of that place. Many people stay there for much longer than that for several reasons.[/QUOTE]

he definately wants to test ouit! he has his emt textbooks at basic and has been studying like crazy! he also works in the field so doesnt wanna re learn everything he already knows and does for a living.. thanks for the answer that brightened my day :):) im glad they actually give u the option to te;st out if you are state certified. did anybody test out when you were there?

Comment

[QUOTE=proudarmywife86]he definately wants to test ouit! he has his emt textbooks at basic and has been studying like crazy! he also works in the field so doesnt wanna re learn everything he already knows and does for a living.. thanks for the answer that brightened my day :):) im glad they actually give u the option to te;st out if you are state certified. did anybody test out when you were there?[/QUOTE]

Oh yea. There are about 5 to 10 every cycle that do.

Comment

i talked to him yesterday and t/old him that he will be able to test out and he was realy excited but he wanted to know who he should tell and what he should say when he gets there? he wants to make sure he tells the right people so it actually gets done so he can get home asap!

Comment

[QUOTE=proudarmywife86]i talked to him yesterday and t/old him that he will be able to test out and he was realy excited but he wanted to know who he should tell and what he should say when he gets there? he wants to make sure he tells the right people so it actually gets done so he can get home asap![/QUOTE]

When he gets there he will be at reception. This is where people can get hosed at Sam. I was lucky to be there for just a day and a half. Some people get stuck there for a whole month. He doesn't need to worry about who to ask really. Just his cadre most likely and there will be a lady when they get there ask who is NREMT Cert and State Certified when they are processing him into his company. He shouldn't have a problem just as long as he can stay awake through the 10 million briefs that are given before you begin training. His fast track can also vary. It could be a 7 week jump or just a 3. It just depends on where the next company is.

Comment

ok ill make sure i tell him.. that would suck if reception was a whole month cuz that adds on to the time your there doesnt it? as long as he tests out of emt wouldnt they just put him into a company thats going to the whiskey side which would make it a 7 week jump?

Comment

Working...
                              X