X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hand to hand Combat in BCT?

I was just curious what topics are covered, and how extensive is the training?

A buddy of mine in the Marines did a system that gave out belts what does the Army Do?

And how do you continue your training after BCT?

Ive been doing Martial Arts for many years and might want to study something very specific to the BCT combat for a few months so I can come in ahead. Any advice?

[QUOTE=SeanR87]I was just curious what topics are covered, and how extensive is the training?

A buddy of mine in the Marines did a system that gave out belts what does the Army Do?

And how do you continue your training after BCT?

Ive been doing Martial Arts for many years and might want to study something very specific to the BCT combat for a few months so I can come in ahead. Any advice?[/QUOTE]

For post-BCT combatives information, this is a comprehensive outline: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Combatives_School[/url]

Per ATRRS ([url]https://atrrs.army.mil/atrrscc/)[/url], I found that my state offers the one-week Combatives I class twice per year, so check out yours.

Comment

Excellent link. Wikipedia did a good job on that information. OP, you can request to go to the level I and level II training and end up being the main POC/Instructor for your unit. I dont know if the NG in your state has a state-sponsored combatives site for training but many NG soldiers said they have taken part in it during drill. Your recruiter should have more specifics.

Comment

Bootcamp touches upon it very briefly. However, there are several programs (many of them hosted by Marines) that can give you a lot deeper training. (post bootcamp)

Comment

remember when that ridiculous chop and kick stuff used to be taught? I can barely remember...but do recall it was stupid

Comment

It depends where you go. I know everyone at Benning does combatives. But even still you don't do it much. A handful of days max. Just basic stuff really. I know the people from Jackson at AIT said they didn't. Again, those were just their companies. Depends on your company and what your chain of command is required to do.

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]remember when that ridiculous chop and kick stuff used to be taught? I can barely remember...but do recall it was stupid[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's very stupid, which is why our old 1sgt carried an axe on his molle vest during patrol

Comment

You will cover very basi stuff. The dominant positions. I.e. The mount, the Guard, and Side control. You will also cover the arm trap and roll, a little on Arm Bars, and how to escape the guard. You should be fine. At Ait we did a little on how to do a takedown, We did an excercise where we basically got punched in the face by our sergeants and had to wrap them up and take them down. We actually just had to wrap them up, but it was for the purpsoe of learning to take them down. I think it was more of a therapeudic thing so our cadre could punch us, but everyone enjoyed the training, and after the headache wore off it wasn't too bad.

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]remember when that ridiculous chop and kick stuff used to be taught? I can barely remember...but do recall it was stupid[/QUOTE]

Have you ever KO someone with that ridiculous chop? Study some pressure points strikes and you'll know you can get KTFO getting hit on the side of your neck (carotid artery) region just as quick as catching one directly on the chin. MCMAP & Combatives is relavent training; However, I miss the good ole L.I.N.E training. It was quick, fast, and efficient.

Comment

Bringing up an old thread, but ouch, I gotta pay 5 grand for this? (1 inst and 12 students)

dayum!

Comment

Working...
                    X