X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Selection

What is the process of getting select from 11b to SF? What if I do ROTC do I have to be a Cpt. before selection? Not that I want to but was just curious.

Find your state SF Recruiter

If your state has SF units, then their is a recruiter just for that..

As for rank, we had a lieutenant go SF, so I don't think you need to be a CPT.

Comment

You gotta attend selection, which is like 11 days now?
      Then after that, you find out if you got selected or not. If you got selected, be prepared to spend the next 1-2 years in school training (if you don't fail anything)

Just google SFAS or SF selection, you'll find your anwer

Comment

Are you in the Guard Now or just thinking of Joining?

If you want to go to SFAS, you have to be prepared to block out about 2yrs of your life, then about 40% of your year every year. NGSF, is not something that can be done on a one weekend 2wks a year deal. You are going to have to make a decision, ROTC or SF. If you fail or quit during training you have missed out on both decisions because now you have neither. Be educated in your decisions, reseach every option, not what you get off this board. You are going to have to do your homework, to find the pros and cons.

Comment

chaplain or SF? I love the motivation and aspirations but try to focus on one goal.

Comment

Anyone in their mid to late 30's ever get in.

Curious if anyone in their mid to late 30s has ever successfully got into SF. I know they test in the 17-21 age group, and you need to score very well. Any insight?

Comment

I would like to know the same thing

Comment

Google "Professional Soldiers." Any questions you've ever had about SF will be answered in this forum. But tread lightly.

Comment

[QUOTE=Eickelberg]Curious if anyone in their mid to late 30s has ever successfully got into SF. I know they test in the 17-21 age group, and you need to score very well. Any insight?[/QUOTE]

I will put this with kid gloves and this is the light version. Your question is retarded and doesnt hold water. If you defeat yourself because you think age is a restriction, then you have already failed. People have passed in this age and older, and are currently in the course exceeding standard. This is a mental school along with physical. If you are not prepared to do your best in all aspects then its not for you. You can only defeat yourself in anything you do in life. Excuses are only obstacles yet to be conquered.

Comment

[quote=Phantom]I will put this with kid gloves and this is the light version. Your question is retarded and doesnt hold water. If you defeat yourself because you think age is a restriction, then you have already failed. People have passed in this age and older, and are currently in the course exceeding standard. This is a mental school along with physical. If you are not prepared to do your best in all aspects then its not for you. You can only defeat yourself in anything you do in life. Excuses are only obstacles yet to be conquered.[/quote]

John J. Rambo couldnt answer this question any better:D

Comment

Thanx Phantom

Comment

[QUOTE=RE4Wavier4me]What is the process of getting select from 11b to SF? What if I do ROTC do I have to be a Cpt. before selection? Not that I want to but was just curious.[/QUOTE]

I had a SGT from 20th Grp come up to me yesterday at work and ask if id come to one drill and try out... Pretty amped

Comment

Just a question tough guy. No need to put on kid gloves and go dancing around the issue. But thanks for the answer.;)

Comment

Well now you have to go to SOPC (Special Operations Prearation Course) it's 30 day's it is right after airborne school is 30 days long then you go to SFAS that is 24 day's. They told me that after osut and airborne school, all the training is 44 weeks unless you go 18 delta the its lot longer time but they said it alot longer because of all the hold over you have to go through plus if you get hurt you get to chose if you go home or recycle. search for REP. 63 and it'll pop up. A couple of guys say if you pass SOPC by the hair on you chin then just go home because there is no way that you can pass SFAS.
                            Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 27th, 2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

This is from the SFAS Physical training Handbook.

Physical workouts should be conducted 6 days a week, alternating hard and easy workout days. For example, do hard workouts Mon/Wed/Sat (using Sat for extra long workouts) and do less strenuous workouts Sun/Tues/Thur. A hard/easy workout program will allow maximum effort for overloading both muscle groups cardiorespiratory system: it will also prevent injury and stagntion in the program.

Easy Days
                              Easy day workouts are not described in this handbook. Make up your own less strenuous workouts practicing biking, short/slow runs, pull-ups, pushups, weight lifting and stretching. In addition, swim as often as you ca; remember, for SFAS you must be able to swim 50 meters wearing boots and fatigues.

Hard Days
                              On hard days comlete the " Hard Workout Day Activites" for Weeks 1 througth 5. Record the dates of you hard workouts and check the box for each activity you complete; if you cange an activity make a note. For ruckmarches you can either go along a road of cross country. Strive for the time goals and enter your actual times-besure to do aleast some cross country rucksack marches.

This handbook is your guide and your personal record of progress. Be hounest with youself as you track your progress. You are to bring this you to SFAS

I'd put more but my kids want to go out to eat my old lady's in the field for a week.
                              Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 27th, 2011, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X