Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Those Going To MEPS ( Detailed )

[B][CENTER]For Those Going To MEPS[/CENTER][/B]

[U]This is what I and 50 others went through on the day @ MEPS in Sac Ca. [/U]

First off I will say dont drink alcohol and you will find out later. Also dont stay up late because the next day will be super long.

Here is how the morning of MEPS began: @ 0345 Wake up call came in for those that didn't set their alarm. Myself I woke up @ 0330 so I could get a shower in.

Next @ 0415 Breakfast is served, Take advantage of this as it will be a long day. And lunch is not something to write home about. Eat a little fast cause at 0500 the shuttle is being loaded. A man came and passed out "New testament bibles to everyone waiting to load the shuttle. Then we were off to MEPS.

Remember and dont forget you are entering a Military establishment and that being said you should know what to expect. So when you unload off the shuttle RUN RUN RUN to the designated area. Ours was the front of the MEPS building. Dont wear a hat to MEPS! Dont wear baggy pants nor offensive shirts since you are not able to have sweatshirts etc.. Then right away we formed a series of lines to better enter the building. You will be scanned for metal object and have your cell in your bag and shut off. There were a few that seemed lost and they were yelled at for looking lost. Dont be like them stand up straight and press forward to the next objective. Dont forget to listen because if you have to ask what to do witch will be ok they may make a example out of you for not listening. By this I mean you will get talked to very loud thus making you red in the face LOL....

Upon entry, after your person is scanned as well as your bag you will then tag your bag and stow it away in a room. Next you will get in line wait your turn and walk to the front desk and recite your name and or SS number. You will then be given a folder that you will carry all day and a sticker to place on your shirt. It is very important to not set your folder down.

Next you will move onto the Medical dept. Here again you will hurry up and wait. Dont move slow and listen listen listen. Its important trust me. If you lag your day will be longer. So again you will now wait in line. When its your turn to speak with medical again your SS number is needed. You will again be given another sticker to place on your shirt. This sticker will later be used to tag your urine analysis cup.

Next you sit and wait. There will be hearing and vision test being done at this time. It starts to get clogged up if things are going quick a the Med desk. Don't get distraught by this sit up straight and wait for your turn. Also dont laugh at anything nor be loud in any way. Pay attention and watch what is going on. After you get either the hearing or vision test done there will be a line for the next test. When you finish the vision and hearing test you then go to the classroom type room and sit down. Here you were given blood pressure test and a breath test for booze. Then the instructor tells you about your day at MEPS and you fill out some of the paperwork together.

Next after you get briefed by the CO about certain things witch maybe will vary then you will move onto Urine test and blood drawing. Ok this is where it got hard for some. The urine test was harder than it may seem. You are instructed to come into the room 3 at a time. Don't figit nor talk unless spoken to. Some took to long to start peeing and the instructor then becomes inpatient. If this happens to you you may be asked to come back later. Remember this, dont look down and dont remove your hand off your cup at least thats what we were told. You then hand your cup to a gentlemen that shows you that the cup is empty. He will then have you place your sticker I spoke of earlier on the cup then initial that the cup was empty. Boom your done! Then next is blood drawing. Wait in line and be still this is nothing they take very little from you.

Finally we move onto the medical review of your physical. Here is where you get down into your under garments. Ok this is not a place to play around trust me. Pay attention to this part of the story..... When you take off your clothing place it neatly where you are told. dont roll it all in a ball but dont take to long doing it either. Then you sit down and wait to be seen by the doc. I will leave out some of the goods but yes you do end up bending over and spreading your cheeks lol. No biggie they are looking for roids. The doc will also ask you your medical history and check you for hernia etc.... Be respectful to him and answer yes sir / no sir. Remember what he or she says goes. If your good you then go out and get weighed and they check your height. Again then you sit and wait for things to slow down thus moving on the widely known duck walk etc... Never set your medical folder down unless you are told to. Then its stand on one foot kick back, kick forward. Hands out flip flop bla bla bla. They want to make sure your not broke off. after thats done you get dressed and wait in line for the finalizing initial by the doc. If he says your good well then your good. You then wait in another line and get your info put into the computer. By now its either lunch or passed lunch but either way you can now go and eat. We got sandwiches dont think your gonna get lobster for what you just went through lol.

Now some do test called AIMS etc.... I think the AIMS test is for those can come in with a GED I'm not sure. I did the AIMS test. Almost done folks bare with me lol. Now saying all your paperwork is in order and the doc says its a go. You can now move onto talking with the big shots about enlisting, bonuses etc..... After you sign up you then take the Oath. This is done with a group or by yourself. Myself I was the only NG guy in the oath room so I had to recite it by myself. Yep you get red in the ears lol:o Remember what you are doing and who you are doing it for at this point. Once you do this you get another signature by the head of the facility and then go back to the commander you spoke to earlier. Now its time to sign your contract.

Wallah Your done your in you get your ship out date etc.. Dont be stupid now your property of the US government dont get hurt, dont do drugs and dont get into trouble with the law. Hope this helps anyone wondering what happens at MEPS. Also remember this is how "MY" day at MEPS went so it may be a little different for you but round about the same.

Hall.
    Last edited by 88m Soldier; December 26th, 2008, 03:22 PM.

[QUOTE=88m Soldier][B][CENTER]For Those Going To MEPS[/CENTER][/B]

[U]This is what I and 50 others went through on the day @ MEPS in Sac Ca. [/U]

First off I will say dont drink alcohol and you will find out later. Also dont stay up late because the next day will be super long.

Here is how the morning of MEPS began: @ 0345 Wake up call came in for those that didn't set their alarm. Myself I woke up @ 0330 so I could get a shower in.

Next @ 0415 Breakfast is served, Take advantage of this as it will be a long day. And lunch is not something to write home about. Eat a little fast cause at 0500 the shuttle is being loaded. A man came and passed out "New testament bibles to everyone waiting to load the shuttle. Then we were off to MEPS.

Remember and dont forget you are entering a Military establishment and that being said you should know what to expect. So when you unload off the shuttle RUN RUN RUN to the designated area. Ours was the front of the MEPS building. Dont wear a hat to MEPS! Dont wear baggy pants nor offensive shirts since you are not able to have sweatshirts etc.. Then right away we formed a series of lines to better enter the building. You will be scanned for metal object and have your cell in your bag and shut off. There were a few that seemed lost and they were yelled at for looking lost. Dont be like them stand up straight and press forward to the next objective. Dont forget to listen because if you have to ask what to do witch will be ok they may make a example out of you for not listening. By this I mean you will get talked to very loud thus making you red in the face LOL....

Upon entry, after your person is scanned as well as your bag you will then tag your bag and stow it away in a room. Next you will get in line wait your turn and walk to the front desk and recite your name and or SS number. You will then be given a folder that you will carry all day and a sticker to place on your shirt. It is very important to not set your folder down.

Next you will move onto the Medical dept. Here again you will hurry up and wait. Dont move slow and listen listen listen. Its important trust me. If you lag your day will be longer. So again you will now wait in line. When its your turn to speak with medical again your SS number is needed. You will again be given another sticker to place on your shirt. This sticker will later be used to tag your urine analysis cup.

Next you sit and wait. There will be hearing and vision test being done at this time. It starts to get clogged up if things are going quick a the Med desk. Don't get distraught by this sit up staring and wait for your turn. Also dint laugh at anything nor be loud in any way. Pay attention and watch what is going on. After you get either the hearing or vision test done there will be a line for the next test. When you finish the vision and hearing test you then go to the classroom type room and sit down. Here you were given blood pressure test and a breath test for booze. Then the instructor tells you about your day at MEPS and you fill out some of the paperwork together.

Next after you get briefed by the CO about certain things witch maybe will vary then you will move onto Urine test and blood drawing. Ok this is where it got hard for some. The urine test was harder than it may seem. You are instructed to come into the room 3 at a time. Don't figit nor talk unless spoken to. Some took to long to start peeing and the instructor then becomes inpatient. If this happens to you you may be asked to come back later. Remember this, dont look down and dont remove your hand off your cup at least thats what we were told. You then hand your cup to a gentlemen that shows you that the cup is empty. He will then have you place your sticker I spoke of earlier on the cup then initial that the cup was empty. Boom your done! Then next is blood drawing. Wait in line and be still this is nothing they take very little from you.

Finally we move onto the medical review of your physical. Here is where you get down into your under garments. Ok this is not a place to play around trust me. Pay attention to this part of the story..... When you take off your clothing place it neatly where you are told. dont roll it all in a ball but dont take to long doing it either. Then you sit down and wait to be seen by the doc. I will leave out some of the goods but yes you do end up bending over and spreading your cheeks lol. No biggie they are looking for roids. The doc will also ask you your medical history and check you for hernia etc.... Be respectful to him and answer yes sir / no sir. Remember what he or she says goes. If your good you then go out and get weighed and they check your height. Again then you sit and wait for things to slow down thus moving on the widely known duck walk etc... Never set your medical folder down unless you are told to. Then its stand on one foot kick back, kick forward. Hands out flip flop bla bla bla. They want to make sure your not broke off. after thats done you get dressed and wait in line for the finalizing initial by the doc. If he says your good well then your good. You then wait in another line and get your info put into the computer. By now its either lunch or passed lunch but either way you can now go and eat. We got sandwiches dont think your gonna get lobster for what you just went through lol.

Now some do test called AIMS etc.... I think the AIMS test is for those can come in with a GED I'm not sure. I did the AIMS test. Almost done folks bare with me lol. Now saying all your paperwork is in order and the doc says its a go. You can now move onto talking with the big shots about enlisting, bonuses etc..... After you sign up you then take the Oath. This is done with a group or by yourself. Myself I was the only NG guy in the oath room so I had to recite it by myself. Yep you get red in the ears lol:o Remember what you are doing and who you are doing it for at this point. Once you do this you get another signature by the head of the facility and then go back to the commander you spoke to earlier. Now its time to sign your contract.

Wallah Your done your in you get your ship out date etc.. Dont be stupid now your property of the US government dont get hurt, dont do drugs and dont get into trouble with the law. Hope this helps anyone wondering what happens at MEPS. Also remember this is how "MY" day at MEPS went so it may be a little different for you but round about the same.

Hall.[/QUOTE]

Are you joining A Co 297th or det-1 A Co 297th by any chance? Yuba City and Oroville Units.

Comment

Good detail. When things are fresh in you mind, you can write robustly. Brought back memories minus the metal detectors and cell phones. They did give me a ticket to eat in the chow hall at MEPS. Do they still have stuff like that or you have to hit Mickey Dees?

GI candy, GI gravy....

Comment

reply...

Yeah we had a ticket to eat lunch at MEPS. There is no leaving MEPS from what I heard. Sandwiches, soda, chips, fruit and a cookie lol

I will be drilling in Sac that is as much as I know. First drill is on the 24th & 25th of Jan. On my paperwork it says 2668TH Trans CO (-)

Comment

Haha this is not at all what my recruiter made MEPS sound like. Oh well im still pumped :)

Comment

Ironically, when I swore in I was also the only National Guardsmen in the room as well. Atleast they put me in the front of the room so I could hear the Captain.

Makes it a little weird when there's 40+ people in a room, and you're the only person reciting an oath hah. Your story reminded me of this.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ababb17]Haha this is not at all what my recruiter made MEPS sound like. Oh well im still pumped :)[/QUOTE]

Yea I may have left out some of the goods lol.....:D Really its cake though...

I shared this so those still waiting to go could have a heads up on "What it could be like" This is to the T like my day at MEPS. The night before was sweet we had a MEPS lounge with pool table , Internet, Cards, Video games etc... Thats also where you can meet alot of potential new recruits. This is in Sac Ca. Where are you going to MEPS Ababb17?

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveGuard]Ironically, when I swore in I was also the only National Guardsmen in the room as well. Atleast they put me in the front of the room so I could hear the Captain.

Makes it a little weird when there's 40+ people in a room, and you're the only person reciting an oath hah. Your story reminded me of this.[/QUOTE]

I was allowed to get in front as well. But wow did the loudness of the recital go down from 20 to 1 lol.

Comment

Also I looked here for some details on the day at MEPS and didnt find what I was looking for. Id say its better to know than not to know. Who was it GI joe that said knowing is half the battle ?? :D

Comment

[QUOTE=88m Soldier]Also I looked here for some details on the day at MEPS and didnt find what I was looking for. Id say its better to know than not to know. Who was it GI joe that said knowing is half the battle ?? :D[/QUOTE]

What city are you from/by? Trans company in sac? Didnt know there was one. I know that A Co 297th Spt (and det-1 in oroville) are switching from SPT companies and transition into a transportation unit (even though the last few years theyve been operating under that just as a support company title)

We have PLENTY of vehicles here and in oroville :P

Comment

I live in Merced.

Comment

wow, your MEPS was very strict. Mine was very easy compared to yours.
                        It was still strict but a little easier. I rarely ever saw my folder. I only really carried it when it need to get from one place to the other (guess they couldn't do themselves haha jk)
                        We also got to watch movies while we sat and waited. I've seen many a movie there...ah..good times... :)
                        You also woke up really early! We woke up at 5am and the shuttle left at 5:40.

Comment

[QUOTE=StaticHawk]wow, your MEPS was very strict. Mine was very easy compared to yours.
                          It was still strict but a little easier. I rarely ever saw my folder. I only really carried it when it need to get from one place to the other (guess they couldn't do themselves haha jk)
                          We also got to watch movies while we sat and waited. I've seen many a movie there...ah..good times... :)
                          You also woke up really early! We woke up at 5am and the shuttle left at 5:40.[/QUOTE]

Movies??? We got yelled at for even talking quietly!

Wake-up at 5AM? Our bus rolled from the hotel at 4:55AM. Had to be in line in the lobby, with your roommate next to you, to turn in room keys at 4:20AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=88m Soldier]Yea I may have left out some of the goods lol.....:D Really its cake though...

I shared this so those still waiting to go could have a heads up on "What it could be like" This is to the T like my day at MEPS. The night before was sweet we had a MEPS lounge with pool table , Internet, Cards, Video games etc... Thats also where you can meet alot of potential new recruits. This is in Sac Ca. Where are you going to MEPS Ababb17?[/QUOTE]

St. Louis MO

Comment

Oh wow could be 100% different then lol. Who knows but good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X