X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long does it takes to go bootcamp

i going to do the asavb test in a week, and i was wondering, is it gonna take a long time until they say u going to the bootcamp?
    am gonna join as arabic translator
    09L

Time it takes for you to ship off to BCT is up to you, your recruiter and the liason's willingness to find a ship date. If you're in a hurry to leave, you should let them know, it should be somewhat easier to get a quick date in the non-peak season. On the other end, it can be delayed up to a year.

Comment

You have up to 360 days (I know there are 365 in most years, but you have 360) to ship to Bct. There are some exceptions but thats the norm.

You can pick a time you want to go. Are you going straight threw to Ait? If you are, then sometimes its a matter of finding an open Ait slot that starts about the time your Bct ends. I'm not sure about Arabic Translator. I think thats a longer Ait and sometimes that means they offer less options for times a new cycle begins. I didnt want to ship for as long as possible because I wanted to be as prepared as possible. Just a personal decision. I told Recruiter (who worked with MEPS NAG Liason) that I wanted to wait around a full 11 months. I got within weeks of the dates I was interested in. Summer surge is a hard time to get a slot as more HS and college Recruits have to go during that time. If you are in HS of course you will be going when school lets out, they will find a slot for you. If you are older and school isnt an issue, this time of year you should be able to go within about a month or two at the latest. You tell your Recruiter when you want to go and they will find the slot that is closesed to that date. Your Recruiter may not be able to know exactly when it will be until you are at MEPS. But you still have some control at this time. You tell them what your needs are and they will come as close as possible to them.

Comment

The bus usually leaves MEPS around 1100 and then you catch the plane at......

oops my bad. I read the question wrong.

The Marines and Navy call it Boot Camp, The Army calls it Basic Combat Training.

But it all depends on you. You might not pass the ASVAB or get some issue that might hold you up during your physical. It can really be gauge because it all depends on the individuals.

Post # lol
        Last edited by WO1 Quinones; December 18th, 2008, 03:19 AM.

Comment

wann argue err I mean discuse anything and get the counts up higher? lol
          think i'll make a new ID and start over....wait, I leave in a few weeks and probably wouldnt get appoved before then

Comment

ok total my posts so I have 3000 lol. I dont argue with privates lol

Comment

But its not my weekend, i'm just a civie.

Comment

well lool
                thanks guys for the help yea i appericate the info, am going to go in a week to MI to make the physical and the asavb and God knows what is gonna happen, but as arabic translator, its always deployment to iraq, and am in the moood for that right now, lool, any delay will wuss me out

Comment

In the mood? Dont ask for it because you will get more for what your ask for. JMHO

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]In the mood? Dont ask for it because you will get more for what your ask for. JMHO[/QUOTE]

So theres really NOTHING great about Iraq? Shocking. ;)

Comment

[QUOTE=MichaelGhabour]and am in the moood for that right now, lool, any delay will wuss me out[/QUOTE]

You'll have to keep that mood for 8 years after you sign...

Comment

[QUOTE=MichaelGhabour]well lool
                        thanks guys for the help yea i appericate the info, am going to go in a week to MI to make the physical and the asavb and God knows what is gonna happen, but as arabic translator, its always deployment to iraq, and am in the moood for that right now, lool, any delay will wuss me out[/QUOTE]

Eh, with the new security agreement in place in Iraq and a new President taking office, unless you end up in a unit that is already slated for an Iraq deployment in the next 2-3 years you also have a great likelihood of going to Afghanistan. :)

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]In the mood? Dont ask for it because you will get more for what your ask for. JMHO[/QUOTE]

I am in the mood for a deployment!! (fingers crossed and spoke with Santa!!)

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantom]I am in the mood for a deployment!! (fingers crossed and spoke with Santa!!)[/QUOTE]

i've had a terrible day, and this made me let out a good laugh, thanks!

Comment

I haven't met that many people that have been wishing avidly for deployments. Actually there are two, one's already on a psych eval...and the other's bound to be.
                              Dude, you shouldn't wish for war...

Comment

Working...
                              X