X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Gordon AIT 25B

Anyone here going to AIT at Ft. Gordon In june 09?

I'll be at phase 2 from 11-28 June. I think there are serious restrictions on prior service interacting with IETs however. If not I'll be glad to buy you a beer (assuming you are 21+ and it is allowed by your CoC).

Comment

SSG, you probably be trained in a different building. The IETs go to the tins for the 25B training.

I miss Fort Gordon.

Comment

[QUOTE=SSG Andrews]I'll be at phase 2 from 11-28 June. I think there are serious restrictions on prior service interacting with IETs however. If not I'll be glad to buy you a beer (assuming you are 21+ and it is allowed by your CoC).[/QUOTE]

Sound s good hope to make some new friends, and yes I am of age (29):cool:

Comment

Barton Field...!

Comment

anyone else goin to ft gordon for ait. I know that there has to be a few seeing how this MOS is closed for rnlistment.

Comment

[QUOTE=Spec4Ng]Barton Field...![/QUOTE]

Barton field...ohh, the stories i could tell.

majority of them involve privates and their privates and alcohol. lmao

I learned of barton fiel from my DS in basic who was also Signal.

I was a goodie too shoes at Gordon though :cool: :cool:

Comment

[QUOTE=dharma815]anyone else goin to ft gordon for ait. I know that there has to be a few seeing how this MOS is closed for rnlistment.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there in June 09 as well.

Comment

Why does a 25B do for monthly drills?

Comment

I'll be there in June as well for 25U

Comment

[QUOTE=dharma815]anyone else goin to ft gordon for ait. I know that there has to be a few seeing how this MOS is closed for rnlistment.[/QUOTE]

I'll be arriving there from Fort Sill in July to train for 25B

Comment

From the Chief

This is from the Signal Regimental Chief on warrant ascensions

[FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]All,[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]I hope all is well with you and you are having a healthy and productive new year. I normally send large notes and cover a variety of topics. Instead of a big book, I will send several notes during the next few weeks. The topic of this note is Active Army accessions. Future notes will provide information on our education system, MOS changes, promotions, training, changes to warrant officer policies and a variety of other topics that I think you desire to know. The info will also include specific Reserve Component topics when their issues differ from the Active Army.[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]I receive many emails about accessions. I have discussed the topic with many of you during my visits. It appears that there is a lack of understanding by many reference how and what we did during the past few years with our accession process to meet the needs of the Army. A number of rumors or beliefs by some of you indicated that I need to provide some basic facts and information on our accession program and how/why we did certain things during the past few years. I will also discuss the impact of the increased number of officers accessed and the plans for the future.[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]We dramatically increased the number of Signal warrant officers during the past 4 years. The size of the Signal warrant requirements doubled based on the change of Army structure and we were required to access almost 300% more warrants each year for the past 4 years to meet the needs of the Army and place Signal warrants in needed formations.[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]Amazingly, we were able to do it without lowering our basic standards for accession and maintained a reasonable competitive process. We did take some risks by allowing waivers to some requirements that ultimately appears to be successful. For example, we stopped requiring BNCOC since we have the luxury of a long Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC) and BNCOC was being significantly reduced in length. The standard required 3 years of NCOERs remained a requirement but we willingly took the risk and assumed that an applicant with two exceptional NCOERs would receive another quality report. We maintained the minimum of 4 years proven experience and leadership potential which is our primary focus.[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]We were successful in making our competition a best qualified process. We always had more applicants competing on the accession boards than the number required which allowed the board members to select the best qualified. Listed below are the numbers that competed compared with the number required to meet our mission for the past 6 years:[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]FY03 FY04 FY 05 FY06 FY07 FY08[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]250N 14/107 17/67 50/105 55/118 53/128 42/91[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]251A 22/121 20/64 35/109 35/113 39/112 28/119[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]254A 18/110 17/62 50/108 65/146 54/162 42/95[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [SIZE=3][FONT=Consolas] The warrants in the field were proactive in the process which allowed us to make our mission and you continue to be the best warrant officer recruiters. Your leadership was also instrumental in assisting in meeting our challenge. It was a total team effort.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]Contrary to popular belief, the average accessed Signal warrant has over 9 years Active Federal Service. Some individuals believe we are accessing too early – the reality is our accession point is basically the same as in previous years. We have always accessed a small number of applicants prior to the 7 years mark and most of them serve with distinction as a warrant officer. We accessed a similar percentage of junior guys during the past few years when total accession was dramatically higher; therefore, there are more of them based on the increased number we accessed. Also, the juniors were selected, just as those before them, in equal competition with the senior applicants. It is a fair and equitable process and the bottom line is ‘may the best qualified win’. We accessed 300% more officers; therefore, it appears we are accessing more junior guys – but statistically the same.[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]We will soon have our inventories at 100% in each MOS. We will not return to accessing less than 50 each year but it will be less than the number we accessed during the past few years while building our inventory. We must access enough to replace those who attrite and it is necessary for you to continue to be proactive in our recruiting process.[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [SIZE=3][FONT=Consolas]Another key factor in the early accession discussion is that in the past our training in the Warrant Officer Basic Course was lacking in many areas and most of the early accessed officers succeeded. Our education process is dramatically better today so we should expect success. [/FONT][/SIZE]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]My personal experience in discussion with our Signal leadership (i.e. Corps/Div G6/S6 and Bde/Bn Cdr) is that we provided them a new warrant who had the skills to be successful. One of our additional challenges during this time was to prepare our Signal warrant to directly support a Brigade Combat Team (BCT). Historically we provided that support from a Signal Battalion position. We are now directly in the BCT with additional roles seldom needed previously. That was a different challenge that included changing some of our training environment. Again, a great deal of hard work by some very dedicated individuals conquered our training challenges and the training of the Signal warrant is better during past few years than ever in our history. [/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [SIZE=3][FONT=Consolas]Our pre-requisites remain standard but we are currently in a situation where we do not need to consider applicants requiring waivers. I ask that you ensure the applicants you are mentoring to have the necessary requirements prior to submitting their application so we do not confuse them when we return their application. It takes exceptional reasons for a waiver of the 12 years Active Federal Service requirement. This is not a Signal requirement. It is an Army requirement that we have little chance of getting approved based on the healthy number of applicants we process. The other exceptions are based on the same criteria. We should not request an exception if it is not needed to support the needs of the Army. [/FONT][/SIZE]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]The impact of our large accession year groups will be determined as they go through their careers. The additional training seats that will be required in our Warrant Officer Advanced Course (WOAC) are obviously one of those impacts. We will soon be required to train many more of our inventory in the WOAC. Promotions will be impacted only to the point that many more will be competing which means the possibility exists that more will not be selected. The opportunity will be the same statistically but the actual numbers may increase (i.e. 10% of 50 officers competing is 5 where 10% of 150 is 15). The visibility of the non-selects will be higher which possibly creates some secondary effects. However, the process will allow all to be selected until all senior positions are filled. We are currently at 52% and 43% fill for CW4 and CW5 respectively and it is not likely that we will be healthy soon.[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [SIZE=3][FONT=Consolas] Another challenge we have is that the majority of our inventory are junior officers. Over 65% of our inventory is a WO1 or junior CW2. This creates several challenges that continue to be worked and a mentoring challenge that will only be overcome with time.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                        [SIZE=3][FONT=Consolas] I attempted to keep this short and failed again but I want to ensure you have the information. As you work in your formations I ask that you ensure your leadership knows you are part of the accession process and offer to assist your leaders in that mission. I ask that you be proactive in the process and review the requirements regularly at [/FONT][/SIZE][URL="http://www.usarec.army.mil/HQ/WARRANT"][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]WWW.USAREC.ARMY.MIL/HQ/WARRANT[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]. As you talk with prospective applicants ensure they know that a person ‘Cannot win lottery without buying a ticket’ – and they cannot be a warrant unless an application is submitted. I ask that you share this note with your leadership and, as mentioned earlier, I welcome your comments. [/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [SIZE=3][FONT=Consolas] Thanks for all you do.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]v/r[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]Chief[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]CW5 Andrew Barr[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]Regimental Chief Warrant Officer[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]USA Signal Center and Fort Gordon[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=3]Fort Gordon, Georgia[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

and another chief

[B]Soldier sentenced for refusing to deploy[/B]

The Associated Press
                          Posted : Friday Mar 27, 2009 12:22:14 EDT
                          FAIRBANKS, Alaska — A soldier from Fort Wainwright has been sentenced to nearly six months in a military prison for his refusal to go to Iraq.
                          Chief Warrant Officer Adisa “A.J.” Aiyetoro, 36, says he suffers from tuberculosis and severe back pain that prevents him from wearing body armor.
                          Aiyetoro is a 19-year Army veteran with the 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry.
                          He was classified as non-deployable last August, but two subsequent exams deemed him fit for deployment.
                          Aiyetoro, however, twice refused to board Army aircraft headed to the Mideast, prompting a court-martial and his conviction.
                          The Army says the court-martial of a soldier who engages in misconduct is “an important and necessary aspect of maintaining good order and discipline.”

Comment

Fort Gordon

I will be there this summer for signal school

Comment

I'm at Fort Gordon now, 94F.. yea MOS-t can't interact with IET soldiers. But once you phase up to 5 I'm sure you can get away with it. I missed my pt test by 1 sit up, i got one today so maybe i'll get it. if your coming to gordon you'll be phase 4, im not sure how the signal side works on phasing up but ordnance side you have to be here for 2 weeks, pass your pt test, pass class a inspection and say a bunch of stuff... Good luck to you. Do the right thing, there is a ton of ate up folks here. don't become one of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X