Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you simply use just a normal pair of black flip-flops? You know, the kind that you just slide the strap between your toe? I would think this would make washing your feet easier in the showers and avoid touching that floor... Or do you actually need the "shower shoes"?

Comment

[QUOTE=plano2001]Can you simply use just a normal pair of black flip-flops? You know, the kind that you just slide the strap between your toe? I would think this would make washing your feet easier in the showers and avoid touching that floor... Or do you actually need the "shower shoes"?[/QUOTE]

Those are shower shoes. Thats what you want. No big logos or other colors on them.

Comment

[QUOTE=MelanieIsAwesome]The ones at BT were fairly expensive.....if they are completly black without any kind of design on them, you should be good. They are very cozy...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
        I ended up ordering these in black.
        [url]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E0MF2Q[/url]
        I would expect these would be OK?

Comment

[QUOTE=wintermute]I ended up ordering these in black.
          [url]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E0MF2Q[/url]
          I would expect these would be OK?[/QUOTE]

Wow. :eek: I had no idea that they are so expensive. Where I grew up, everyone wears those ALL the time and they never cost more than $3.

Comment

[QUOTE=QuantumRN]Wow. :eek: I had no idea that they are so expensive. Where I grew up, everyone wears those ALL the time and they never cost more than $3.[/QUOTE]
            Well if it had not been winter/fall I could have bought them at the local store. walmart, Kmart, Target, etc do not seem to carry flip flops during this time of year.

Comment

The black ones the PX sells are horrible. I bought mine and within 1 week, they're broken. Ended up using 550 cord on 'em to hold it together.

Lesson. Dont buy the shower shoes from the PX.

Comment

Permanent marker (black)....you will want to write your name and last four (o your social security #) on everything. Even though everyone gets issued the same exact stuff at basic yours always seems to look better to everyone else. :rolleyes: and they will take it when your not looking.

Comment

I havent seen this mentioned but the one thing I wish i brought was a garment bag for my class A's

Comment

Even though most of us brought black shower shoes, we still had to buy the lovely ones from the PX. Just make sure you pack light (like has been said).

For the member who is trying to be all tough **** about BCT, each person has different experiences. While it may have been easy for you, it may not be easy for another person due to many reasons. I think you need to look yourself in the mirror and tune your brain just a bit. Just because you are a ground pounding infantry soldier doesn't mean you are the top dog. Have respect for others just as is done on a forum such as this. While you are sitting here dogging everyone saying you wouldn't want that person as your battle buddy, I sure feel sorry for the one who is yours. They have to worry 24/7 in combat if you have their back like they have yours just because they thought BCT was a little tough. I'd love to see your reaction after you've gotten into the real military and done a few tours. Maybe then you'll realize everyone has different abilities.

Comment

[QUOTE=shortnsweet8]Even though most of us brought black shower shoes, we still had to buy the lovely ones from the PX. Just make sure you pack light (like has been said).

.[/QUOTE]

Wow...you brought up an old thread. Good information, only problem is person who requested the information actually shipped to basic last october and is graduating AIT in about 2 weeks according to their first post.

Comment

Can I bring a book?

Comment

[QUOTE=HappyGrunt]Can I bring a book?[/QUOTE]

No, with the exception of your holy book. We were only allowed to read what they gave us. You won't have a lot of time to read anyway, and that time would be better used studying your smart book or warrior skills book.

Comment

[QUOTE=idontknow]I'm have a general idea on what to bring. but im sure someone here can tell me exactly what to bring :)..

1. $20-$50
                            2. cheap duffel bag
                            3. razor/razor blades
                            4. debit card
                            5. my contacts / glasses (they will take them and lock them up for me until i graduate, right?)
                            6. 2 days worth of clothes
                            7. running shoes?
                            8. would i have to bring copies of my b/c, ss card, marriage license, highschool diploma? my recruiter told me dont worry
                            about bringing them things because they already have them, has anyone ran into problems from NOT bringing them when they
                            were told to not worry about bringing them?

Please feel free to take away / add anything that is necessary to bring with me to BCT. I would greatly appreciate suggestions.[/QUOTE]

totally off topic but man I miss Skyline...

Comment

Flashbacks...

This reminds me of a Basic Training Story...

So I did put my name and last four (called a "laundry mark" at the time) on everything I owned...

Early one morning while standing in line for the sink, I notice [B]MY[/B] laundry mark on the waistband of the issue Army-brown briefs being worn by the man in front of me...Ok, this is no coincidence..

"Uh, dude, you're like, wearing my underwear".:confused:
                              He says "No I'm not", then twists around to look at the back...realizing his mistake, he then TAKES THEM OFF and attempts to hand them to me.."Sorry about that...Here you go"...:eek:

[QUOTE=armygreen]Permanent marker (black)....you will want to write your name and last four (o your social security #) on everything. Even though everyone gets issued the same exact stuff at basic yours always seems to look better to everyone else. :rolleyes: and they will take it when your not looking.[/QUOTE]

Comment

[QUOTE=California Captain]This reminds me of a Basic Training Story...

So I did put my name and last four (called a "laundry mark" at the time) on everything I owned...

Early one morning while standing in line for the sink, I notice [B]MY[/B] laundry mark on the waistband of the issue Army-brown briefs being worn by the man in front of me...Ok, this is no coincidence..

"Uh, dude, you're like, wearing my underwear".:confused:
                                He says "No I'm not", then twists around to look at the back...realizing his mistake, he then TAKES THEM OFF and attempts to hand them to me.."Sorry about that...Here you go"...:eek:[/QUOTE]

That is so funny!!!!!! :D

Comment

Working...
                                X