Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=idontknow]I'm have a general idea on what to bring. but im sure someone here can tell me exactly what to bring :)..

1. $20-$50
    2. cheap duffel bag
    3. razor/razor blades
    4. debit card
    5. my contacts / glasses (they will take them and lock them up for me until i graduate, right?)
    6. 2 days worth of clothes
    7. running shoes?
    8. would i have to bring copies of my b/c, ss card, marriage license, highschool diploma? my recruiter told me dont worry
    about bringing them things because they already have them, has anyone ran into problems from NOT bringing them when they
    were told to not worry about bringing them?

Please feel free to take away / add anything that is necessary to bring with me to BCT. I would greatly appreciate suggestions.[/QUOTE]

I didnt bring anything paperwork wise. A good toothbrush, and a small tube of tooth paste to get you through til the PX. The less crap you bring the less to drag around. You may want to bring some of that stuff with you in case you have pay issues with you BAH since you are married. Bring glasses, you may not get BCGS for awhile and wearing the same contacts that long will get old.

They may make you buy new shoes depending on where you go unless they are really similar to what they make you buy. Didnt matter for us. EVERYONE bought shoes.

Buy some good white socks, the ones they sold at the mini PX SUCKED! That huge list is not necessary, i packed light and still had extra crap. We got marsh mellow PT's as soon as we got there. Pre-addressed envelopes are a good idea, and stamps. Writing crap. you will have the opportunity to buy it, buy you will probably use it all
    Last edited by shutterm4; October 21st, 2008, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Do you wear white socks while in uniform... I remember being issued dark socks back in the day. Regular white socks would be awesome.

Comment

You are asking if you wear them in Bct? Nope. I suppose if you know no one will see them that day you could try to get away with it. But no, you are issued six green and six black socks that you are expected to wear. In Ait I got daring more often (one washer for 120 females and only one or two hours/day allowed to use them) I wore my whites more often and never got caught. I see seasoned NCOs at my assigned unit wearing them all the time though but since this is a Bct catagory i'm assuming you mean there.

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]You are asking if you wear them in Bct? Nope. I suppose if you know no one will see them that day you could try to get away with it. But no, you are issued six green and six black socks that you are expected to wear. In Ait I got daring more often (one washer for 120 females and only one or two hours/day allowed to use them) I wore my whites more often and never got caught. I see seasoned NCOs at my assigned unit wearing them all the time though but since this is a Bct catagory i'm assuming you mean there.[/QUOTE]

White socks go with the PT uniform.

Comment

Just when do you get time to do laundry at BCT? It sounds brutal:)

Comment

Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...and an athlete...and a basket case...a princess ...and a criminal...Does that answer your question?... Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.

WTF???

Comment

I was bored Chief....:D

Comment

[QUOTE=cougar54]Just when do you get time to do laundry at BCT? It sounds brutal:)[/QUOTE]

we did it during personal time, we had a roster for the people who didnt get the laundry service too. You had a day when you had first priority during personal time. The other days of the week and the people who had the service but still wanted to wash had to wait until the priority guys were done. We did it all throughout the night. Fire watch helped out alot.

and then sometime you just say screw it and wear dirty uniforms.

Comment

Okay...I just got back from basic training this Aug. and you will need all that crap that they tell you to bring with the paperwork (SS Card, BC ect...) You can bring a backpack with clothes. Like one pair extra for the next day that you are a MEPS. You should bring your cell phone and ipod cause on the last day you get your personal bag back and you can hide it and use it easy. Don't bring anything else like soap and razors cause they make you buy it down there with the money they give you. Good luck down there. Its easy as hell. Easier then people say.

Comment

[QUOTE=PVT. Misevicz]You should bring your cell phone and ipod cause on the last day you get your personal bag back and you can hide it and use it easy.[/QUOTE]

bad joe, bad.

:mad:

Comment

[QUOTE=PVT. Misevicz]Okay...I just got back from basic training this Aug. and you will need all that crap that they tell you to bring with the paperwork (SS Card, BC ect...) You can bring a backpack with clothes. Like one pair extra for the next day that you are a MEPS. You should bring your cell phone and ipod cause on the last day you get your personal bag back and you can hide it and use it easy. Don't bring anything else like soap and razors cause they make you buy it down there with the money they give you. Good luck down there. Its easy as hell. Easier then people say.[/QUOTE]

Don't know where you went, but it was not easy as hell for anyone where i went.

Comment

I went to FT. Benning, GA and it was easy as hell. So easy that i got a 300 PT on all three APFT and was patoon guide and sergant and was soldier of the cycle runner up. Its easy as hell. Benning is the hardest base for Army cause infantry and i am telling you. its easy. i have seen dumbasses make it through and that gay as hell. they need to make basic harder and out cast crappy people that are getting in.

Comment

I am going threre in May...

but I still do not know what you mean by easy? "..cause infantry..."? Could you be more specific????

Comment

Evidently Ft. Benning's "easy" BCT didn't include a writing portion...:rolleyes:

Comment

I imagine the 32 you got on the Asvab was easy too!

Comment

Working...
                                X