X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Jackson AIT?

Did anyone attend AIT at Ft. Jackson? I would like to know how it is going to be there. I'm going for 44C shipping out on the 24th of this month for BCT and AIT

[QUOTE=PvtStokes]Did anyone attend AIT at Ft. Jackson? I would like to know how it is going to be there. I'm going for 44C shipping out on the 24th of this month for BCT and AIT[/QUOTE]

That is in the same schoolhouse I attended last year. The barracks are just a few buildings down from where I was. Same Bn.

No two cycles are alike. But get used to hours of formation and barracks maintenance. You get Bn passes, which does include a blowling alley on some weekends. An over night pass towards the end. A couple off post passes IF you earn it. You do get cell phones but if they are found at the schoolhouse or out anytime other than personal time, they will take them from you.

You are in training. It isnt Junior High. You are there for one purpose and that is to learn. You do get spoken to as an actual person on occasion in Ait. It depends on how you and your company acts, how often that takes place.

You march to and from school, to the chow hall, just about anywhere you go. You are not given a huge amount of freedom. You do learn as you go how to make it better for yourself. I wont elaborate on that one. lol There is some leeway there, you make the best of it. Although it is Advanced Individual Training, you still get freedoms depending on how EVERYONE acts. You will still see soldiers dropped on an hourly bases for wrong doings.

Just always remember, IET isnt the Army, it is training FOR the Army.

We were still up at 0415, PT formation at 0515, move to PT field around 0600. Shower, chow, then another 45 minute formation to move to school. About an hour lunch break, which you march to and from. Stand around in formation for 45 minutes after school to move to barracks or chow. Barracks maintenance after chow. Final formation about 2000. Then about an hour of personal time. :) They gradually move you towards more freedom. It isnt handed to you. They give you a little more free reign and you do what you can with it without getting into trouble.
    Last edited by WIBecky74; September 16th, 2008, 06:55 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]That is in the same schoolhouse I attended last year. The barracks are just a few buildings down from where I was. Same Bn.

No two cycles are alike. But get used to hours of formation and barracks maintenance. You get Bn passes, which does include a blowling alley on some weekends. An over night pass towards the end. A couple off post passes IF you earn it. You do get cell phones but if they are found at the schoolhouse or out anytime other than personal time, they will take them from you.

You are in training. It isnt Junior High. You are there for one purpose and that is to learn. You do get spoken to as an actual person on occasion in Ait. It depends on how you and your company acts, how often that takes place.

You march to and from school, to the chow hall, just about anywhere you go. You are not given a huge amount of freedom. You do learn as you go how to make it better for yourself. I wont elaborate on that one. lol There is some leeway there, you make the best of it. Although it is Advanced Individual Training, you still get freedoms depending on how EVERYONE acts. You will still see soldiers dropped on an hourly bases for wrong doings.

Just always remember, IET isnt the Army, it is training FOR the Army.

We were still up at 0415, PT formation at 0515, move to PT field around 0600. Shower, chow, then another 45 minute formation to move to school. About an hour lunch break, which you march to and from. Stand around in formation for 45 minutes after school to move to barracks or chow. Barracks maintenance after chow. Final formation about 2000. Then about an hour of personal time. :) They gradually move you towards more freedom. It isnt handed to you. They give you a little more free reign and you do what you can with it without getting into trouble.[/QUOTE]

Alpha 369 was a joke I guess lol

Comment

I was in Echo 369. Our motto. Echo ha ha ha. Seriously. Thats what it was. Echo is way down the road, right next to the DS school building on one side, Their barracks on the other. Across from the bowling alley. It was only the second cycle for Echo. 42A anyways.

Comment

lol alpha had the COBRA STRIKE !

Comment

I'm in Alpha 369 now

Comment

Working...
            X