X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does RSP pay?

how much on average do you get paid for each drill? and when do you get paid?

it's based on your pay grade... you can look it up here: [url]http://www.1800goguard.com/money/rank.php[/url]

Comment

My pay usually comes on the 15th of each month, regardless of that month's drill date.

Comment

As far as when your pay comes, it just depends on when it gets input into the pay system. You will get your money on either the first or the 15th.

Comment

When you drill, usually you [I]should[/I] get paid a week from that following Tuesday.

Comment

my pay was in my bank account less than a week after RSP, but the guys in our office are REALLY on top of pay issues and getting things in the computer. it wasn't on the 1st or the 15th, it was just ASAP.

Comment

Pay Answer

When i went in as an E-3, after my life insurance and g.i. bill deductions and taxes i walked away with about 130.

Comment

You need to ask your Recruiter, he/she should have covered that a LONG time ago!

Comment

I went in as an E3 but they had me as an E1 for a long time and I was getting paid E1 pay for Drills. They finally got my rank right but they have it that I got promoted to an E3 on 14 Feb. this year. I should be getting additional pay for all of the amounts I missed during the drills, but it looks like another SNAFU :eek:

Comment

The quickest I've ever been paid was 3 weeks after a drill. It's taken nearly two months before, and there have been drills where I was just never paid at all. I actually don't expect to receive a check these days, so it's a pleasant surprise when they do show up.

Comment

[QUOTE=LoneStarSoldier]I went in as an E3 but they had me as an E1 for a long time and I was getting paid E1 pay for Drills. They finally got my rank right but they have it that I got promoted to an E3 on 14 Feb. this year. I should be getting additional pay for all of the amounts I missed during the drills, but it looks like another SNAFU :eek:[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I hope to get back pay, but for some reason I just don't see it happening.

Comment

[QUOTE=DBK]The quickest I've ever been paid was 3 weeks after a drill. It's taken nearly two months before, and there have been drills where I was just never paid at all. I actually don't expect to receive a check these days, so it's a pleasant surprise when they do show up.[/QUOTE]

If you're missing pay from drills and never received them, what are you doing about it? Are you just sitting around twiddling your thumbs? Have you mentioned it to the RSP cadre? Have you talked to the AGR soldier who is in charge of finance for your RSP location? Have you talked to your recruiter? Have you talked to your NCOIC?

If you have attended RSP since you signed your contract, the military owes you for each UTA you attend (for RSP, generally 4 per month). If you're not getting paid, there is a chance you are being marked absent for those drills, which can be detrimental to your career before it even begins.

My LES appears on mypay usually within a week of my RSP weekend, and the pay hits my bank account usually within another week (the payment date will be on the LES).

Comment

I've mentioned it to my recruiter, RSP cadre, and filled out "pay issue" forms several times every time it has happened. I'm not a stupid or lazy person, but it's something that has gotten very old very quickly.

For what it's worth, I'm more concerned about being marked absent than I am missing out on the money.

I realize I could probably go up a few more steps in the Chain of Command, but I guess I'm just not disciplined enough. For what it's worth, hoping to alleviate that is part of the reason I enlisted. :)

Comment

Working...
                          X