• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10 days of reception!?!?!?

Good times...

Cattle cars. :mad:

Ice cream. :p

Steak and shrimp on friday. :cool: We actually thought Army chow would be like that all the time...D'OH!

Then we went to basic...:eek:

Comment

So, a couple of my buddies from RSP that have the same MOS as me are heading to Leonard Wood the days before and after i get there. are they likely to be in my BCT Company?

Comment

That's more money homie?

Comment

[QUOTE=Jgradu]So, a couple of my buddies from RSP that have the same MOS as me are heading to Leonard Wood the days before and after i get there. are they likely to be in my BCT Company?[/QUOTE]

Possible, all depends on how they're organizing the companies. If you're all an OSUT MOS, then it's more likely you'll be together. Everyone that was in my company at reception who was Infantry, was also in my company when we shipped downrange.

Comment

I had a week of reception if I remember right but it really depends on when your basic training company is starting up. Word of advice you will not get any sleep that first night and possibly for the second too. Do not fall asleep and dont let the DS break you already. I had a terrible DS that told us none of us in the guard were going to make it and we should all go back home. He also asked if anyone had done JROTC and when we raised our hand he made us push because we thought we knew it all. Good luck in basic.

Comment

[QUOTE=Shogun;121119]That's more money homie?[/QUOTE]

It's not worth it.

Comment

I can't speak for reception at FLW. I went through 30th AG at Ft. Benning. 9 days seemed to be about the average. From what I gather speaking to other people reception is miserable no matter where you go. I would rather spoon out my eyeballs then sit another 5 minutes on the cold hard floor in the classroom at 30th AG. Or standing in formation for 2 hours after dinner chow. While everyone had to pee bad that they nearly p***** themselves a couple of time. Trust me by the time you ship down range you'll be begging for a DS to be yelling in your face rather then spending another day in reception.

Comment

[QUOTE=A.L.NJ11B;148800]It's not worth it.[/QUOTE]

You responded to a one year post of a banned member :) That photo is marvelous.

Comment

[QUOTE=A.L.NJ11B;148799]Trust me by the time you ship down range you'll be begging for a DS to be yelling in your face rather then spending another day in reception.[/QUOTE]

You'll discover this when you deploy as well. You'll be begging to get to the mob site, begging to deploy, begging to get done with your left seat/right seat, begging to go on leave, begging to demobilize, etc etc. ;)

Comment

[QUOTE=fmcityslicker;148804]You responded to a one year post of a banned member :) That photo is marvelous.[/QUOTE]

WOW...missed that one. I'll have to smoke myself for not paying attention to detail.

Comment

43rd at FLW is an 'experience' to say the least, our bus didn't leave St. Louis Airport for FLW until after midnight, we arrived, got our briefing, turned in our cell phones / amnesty items, had our personal bags inspected, were sorted into bays, given our bluebooks and warrior skills books, lights out was 0345, lights on was 0430. We were 'hurry up and wait' for the next 3 days thru uniforms, haircuts, shots, eye exams, dental exams, and DEERs, the one plus was we got steak one day and got to watch movies on Sunday ([B]don't[/B] fall asleep). 5th day we packed and loaded into busses - that's when the fun [B]started[/B].

Comment

Working...
                        X