X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10 days of reception!?!?!?

[QUOTE=cheeseman]30th AG is the worst place on Earth. I highly doubt any other reception comes close to 30th.[/QUOTE]

*insert tough BCT moment here

Comment

My DS can beat up your DS. "HUA!" :p

Comment

[QUOTE=kswat07]We got in trouble by the DS's there for telling privates horror stories about BCT. Our DS even told them to quit before they leave reception. One poor kid started crying when he said that.[/QUOTE]
        hahahahaha we told them about convoy live fire, but may or may not have amended it to "chopper live fire." we also may or may not have told them that a soldier had fallen out of the blackhawk during the exercise, and was hanging by his swiss seat while they continued to fly down the range, and the DS pulled the guy up by himself and smoked him in the helicopter.

allegedly.

Comment

has anybody else heard about the DS at 30th that "killed an iraqi with an E-Tool?"

we heard about that, and our DS downrange told us that when he was at 30th, years ago, he heard the same thing, except it was about a viet-cong. hahaha

Comment

[QUOTE=PFC Lowe]When I was there, I was in reception for 7 days and then at the barracks with my OSUT Co for 3 days before the official first day of BCT.[/QUOTE]

my was very similar...

i was in reception for about week and half.. due to all engineer company's being full and had to wait because there were alot of hold overs and other issues.

once i was settled in my company, i was there for about a week before we started bct. so we basically cleaned up all day, and did nothing, thats when the drills didnt really care about us sitting around as long as we wernt laying in our bunks..

Comment

[QUOTE=idontknow]... so we basically cleaned up all day, and did nothing, thats when the drills didnt really care about us sitting around as long as we wernt laying in our bunks..[/QUOTE]

Oh yea, I remember after BCT began, the DS came in and caught us all sleeping (except me cause my bunk was by the front door) As he walked in, he told me to not call "at-ease" and proceed to catch EVERYONE. We got like 1 1/2 minutes of push-ups but then were told to "stand-by" and not sleep. Then he changed his mind and said, "As a matter of fact, go to sleep... this way I know you won't get into any trouble." As long as we weren't on our bunks, it was ok! With that, he walked away and let us go for 2 hours. I still couldn't sleep! Oh well... :D... memories at BCT.

Comment

ugh I will never forget Reception. It was brutal. Grown men all depressed and sad every night... Mine took a little over a week, but once I got off the cattle car...I was wishing I was still in Reception!

Comment

[QUOTE=jrgillespie630]ugh I will never forget Reception. It was brutal. Grown men all depressed and sad every night... Mine took a little over a week, but once I got off the cattle car...I was wishing I was still in Reception![/QUOTE]

lol. so true, i hated reception. it was a whole lot of hurry up and wait, and i remember always thinking... this is it??? i havent been smoked at all yet. this is going to be easy!..... well that was until the Cadre from D-795 came to get us lol.

Comment

[quote=Chrisr]lol. so true, i hated reception. it was a whole lot of hurry up and wait, and i remember always thinking... this is it??? i havent been smoked at all yet. this is going to be easy!..... well that was until the Cadre from D-795 came to get us lol.[/quote]
                    Soldiers For Freedom!!!!!!!! Ahh good times lol. We got smoked during reception. Don't you remember doing half squat for nearly 30 min?

Comment

[QUOTE=kswat07]Soldiers For Freedom!!!!!!!! Ahh good times lol. We got smoked during reception. Don't you remember doing half squat for nearly 30 min?[/QUOTE]

oh yea!! and the pushups on the jagged rocks!!! I do remember that now. but that was nothing compared to 1SG and his 2 hour rifle pt.

Comment

[quote=Chrisr]oh yea!! and the pushups on the jagged rocks!!! I do remember that now. but that was nothing compared to 1SG and his 2 hour rifle pt.[/quote]
                        I got lucky that day. DS made me go to sick call for that bronchitis I had.

Comment

My Contract is showing a week of reception, but ive been told it can be up to 3 weeks, ill assume ill be there for 21 weeks but who knows.

Comment

[QUOTE=PVT Bickford]My Contract is showing a week of reception, but ive been told it can be up to 3 weeks, ill assume ill be there for 21 weeks but who knows.[/QUOTE]

That's give or take. National Guardsmen usually take priority due to the funding issue (Your state isn't paying the Army to have you sitting around doing nothing). So don't worry my friend.

Comment

But if your there over a holiday weekend, enjoy the .. What did they call it.. Bay Maint... yea, that means doing nothing!!! But those days you will forget about when you get to a BCT company.

Comment

I guess being older has its advantages. The only 3 things I can remember about reception is 1. The coffee I referenced in a different post, tasted good, eating lots of good breakfast and drinking a full cup of black coffee.

2. seeing several guys walking around with that incredibly depressed look on their face. One was a monster, probably around 6'8" or so, huge feet, somebody said he was going home because of flat feet. supposedly lots of guys had that.

3. The shots - two shots in each upper arm at once, bang bang. so quick you didn't have time to get nervous. Some guys bled, I didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X