X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 days of reception!?!?!?

I was bored the other day and was looking at my contract when I realized that i ship on a Tuesday and it looked like i dont start training until the following friday. anyone know if 10 days is normal? i was expecting a week

Re: 10 days of reception!?!?!?

Ive heard everything from 4 days to about 3 weeks. The latter is due to administrative foul ups but you never know whats gonna happen. My contract is showing about a 9 day difference between ship date and training date. I'm not looking forward to those days.

Comment

I got to Ft Benning and 30 AG (reception) on 4 Aug 09. I moved down range on 13 Aug 09. 9 days of ****... reception is soo bad because of the hurry up and wait while DS's are yelling at you to be quiet and move faster. Then you wait nearly 1 1/2 hours (at the end of the line) to eat chow. Oh, get used to sitting on the ground a whole lot or standing in line at parade rest for ever. Sounds easy, but it just plain sucks... Hopefully you'll be one of those fortunate souls that had everything planned very well by your recruiter and RSP NCO's. Some soldiers showed up with jacked-up paper work and they didn't go down range till a week after arriving with me. all depends on how things go.

Best things I can give you advice on is keep your voice down... they'll tell you to be quiet but no one will keep their mouth shut. They won't smoke you cause they can't ship a soldier from reception to BCT if they are injured. The worst thing we got were some push-ups, flutter kicks, and squats. And those only lasted for about 1-2 minutes... (take it all in cause you won't do near enough pt in BCT if your not 11b)

Don't worry

Comment

When I was there, I was in reception for 7 days and then at the barracks with my OSUT Co for 3 days before the official first day of BCT.

Comment

Most are done in a week. But some are unfortunate enough to suffer there longer.

Comment

The 43rd Reception Batallion takes 4 days to get you processed. Thats if you don't have any medical or administrative problems. It usually doesnt take much longer than that.

Here's my philosophy on your 10 days. It could be that your training company just graduated a cycle right before or as you got to the 43rd. What may happen in that case is that you get moved to a hold-under company for a few days before your cadre shows up, you may spend a few days doing nothing at the 43rd, or you may be the first privates to show up at your company for fill week.

Fill week is the week before BCT/AIT where you and your battle buddies fill into the company.

Don't worry, you will train. The 43rd isnt bad.

Comment

The 43 AG is miserable. End of story.

Comment

[quote=PFC Lowe]The 43 AG is miserable. End of story.[/quote]
                Miserable only briefly describes it.

Comment

I still remember my Reception and Roster number at the 43rd.. Bravo 173.. I thought I was going to get killed when I got off the bus that night. The mental part killed me. Dont worry you wont sleep until the next night. Sleep on the plane.

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantom][B][U]I still remember my Reception and Roster number at the 43rd.. Bravo 173..[/U][/B] I thought I was going to get killed when I got off the bus that night. The mental part killed me. Dont worry you wont sleep until the next night. Sleep on the plane.[/QUOTE]

30th AG (Ft Benning) 171 Charley Bravo Roster Number 02!

Eco Co 3/47 Ft Benning RN# 302

AIT, Ft. Lee, VA... Wish we would have used them. Would have made formation a whole lot easier! If I were PG, it would have happened too.

Comment

[QUOTE=kswat07]Miserable only briefly describes it.[/QUOTE]

The 43rd? *shivers* .....that was place was not fun..........lol

Comment

[QUOTE=kswat07]Miserable only briefly describes it.[/QUOTE]

HOOAH 43rd sucked!!

Comment

I was so relieved the day I left the 43d. I think they should give a suicide prevention class at the USO in the St Louis Airport before recruits leave. When we went back to DX our ACU's we all carried dour ACE cards. We got in trouble by the DS's there for telling privates horror stories about BCT. Our DS even told them to quit before they leave reception. One poor kid started crying when he said that.

Comment

30th AG is the worst place on Earth. I highly doubt any other reception comes close to 30th.

Comment

Ok reception just sucks no matter where you go.

Comment

Working...
                              X