X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Depolyment Gear

[QUOTE=LoneStarSoldier;141029]Any ideas as to how long it could take to get my inital issue of TA-50 at my unit? Some people I've talked to have said that it took months for them...[/QUOTE]

It can honestly take months (a couple drills). Depending on how screwed up your CIF is in your state, it can even get lost. Your Supply Sergeant could also pick it up and issue it out to anotehr person or just not even tell you it came in (stupid on his part, because he would still be signed for it)

Comment

[QUOTE=Teuvil;141297]It can honestly take months (a couple drills). Depending on how screwed up your CIF is in your state, it can even get lost. Your Supply Sergeant could also pick it up and issue it out to anotehr person or just not even tell you it came in (stupid on his part, because he would still be signed for it)[/QUOTE]

Could be worse, you could have to buy it... like us Officers >:-I lololol. Don't worry. They will square you away

Comment

Frankly, the gear we get isn't junk. We are the best equiped Army the world has seen. I can see arguing the merits of 5.56 versus 7.62 or whatever, but the idea that when we deploy we are given junk is just silly. That being said, there are investments worthy of making. I like sneaker boots, so I would try some out. If you don't get new Oakley sunglasses, fine. But, I would make the move to upgrade lenses. Gloves: I like carbon knuckles, so I get aftermarket tac gloves.
        One other consideration, your unit (read CSM) may not let you wear your awesome but wrong colored, expensive kit. I have seen geardos get shot down more than once when they show up in a non uniform item. Be advised.

Comment

Good Post Travis, it makes sense because its true

Comment

Working...
          X