X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Depolyment Gear

[QUOTE=SC kid]Yeah, @ us cav i found a 8 pouch LBE that is pretty nice.. im not sure if we'll be issued something like that or not.[/QUOTE]

Just curious...how much special gear will you need as a 94F? its not exactly like you'll be kicking in doors.

Comment

[QUOTE=RSP NCO]Just curious...how much special gear will you need as a 94F? its not exactly like you'll be kicking in doors.[/QUOTE]

I have a good friend who got a medical retirement from a police dept. He had a lot of time, training and contacts so he starts bounty hunting. I believe he spent more on toys (read guns, knives and lights) than he ever made hunting. Which is to say sometimes we need a little excuse to buy what we want, and how exciting is a shiny new soldering iron for our intrepid 94F Computer Repair Man? ;)

Comment

[QUOTE=RSP NCO]Just curious...how much special gear will you need as a 94F? its not exactly like you'll be kicking in doors.[/QUOTE]

PX Ranger????

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]What's most important...is that you order Oakley's to replace whatever WileyX glasses they give you.

Oakless have been proven to make you appear 50% more HOOAH.[/QUOTE]

[B]I may look like a geek, but would a geek have bullet-proof eyes? HOOAH![/B]

Comment

[QUOTE=California Major]That's become the new fairy tale...

Santa Claus
            Easter Bunny
            You will get it all at MOB Station...

We have had to fight to get our guys outfitted, with the promise it would all come at MOB...some did, some didn't, so then we had to fight to get them what they needed..[/QUOTE]

Sir you live in California, I'm surprised you guys didn't get IOU's for your gear. :eek:

Comment

Be kinda different being a SDM.. I maybe doing more that what you think, just cause im MOS-Q as a 94f doesn't mean i do my mos, man come on this is the guard.. you really think everyone does their job?? HA im pretty much floating in my unit... if chit hits the fan i don't wanna rumble around looking for my junk that's falling out the standard issue cheap-o junk

yeah, px ranger.. thought that was for iet folks..

yes, i do like my geek junk as well, name is computer repairer.. don't get it twisted by no means, we don't really even fix that junk. pretty much just ACADAs, ICAMS, NVG.. that cool furniture you mount on your weapon to help your sorry eyes, yeah.. we fix those too.

Comment

[QUOTE=SC kid]
                yeah, px ranger.. thought that was for iet folks..[/QUOTE]

Would you prefer to be called a gear qu33r?

Comment

[QUOTE=PFC Lowe]Would you prefer to be called a gear qu33r?[/QUOTE]

ohh.. hitting below the belt! negative on that ghost rider

***Nothing Follows***

Comment

[QUOTE=Marine2Guard]Sir you live in California, I'm surprised you guys didn't get IOU's for your gear. :eek:[/QUOTE]

My nomination for post of the week.

Comment

[QUOTE=cyall]My nomination for post of the week.[/QUOTE]
                      Thats what I'am wondering I head to Ft. Hood in July for Mob

Comment

So, one of our privates bought a grip load of useless tactical gear before we left the mob platform, screaming "wwe are gonna get into firefights, gonna be running missions, blah blahblah blah.." Yea, ok, guess what he is doin? Nothing much in relation to our MOS. If anything, just get some gloves and eye pro. I bought a pair of oakley m frame's and some of their gloves. best by I've made this deployment so far (along with a converter)

Comment

Any ideas as to how long it could take to get my inital issue of TA-50 at my unit? Some people I've talked to have said that it took months for them...

Comment

It depends on your unit's supply. I got all of my stuff during my first drill, some new soldiers have had to wait 3-4+ drills (which turns into 3-4 months).

Comment

As far as my TA-50, it took me a few months because I didn't need it for drill. And when came the drill where I did need it, we were on the base that had a CIF and I picked it up there.

As far as deployment gear and MOS...well they're sending a small group of us to another unit and state to deploy with their unit. I won't even be doing my MOS and I'm slotted in a different MOS altogether for this other unit. We got fitted for some of the gear we'll be getting and I've already learned to go get good tactical gloves. I've replaced my eyepro with Oakley M-frames because my unit issued me something that looks like you pick up at the gas station for a quick pair of sunglasses (minus the neon colors). And my boots are probably the best purchase I've made thus far. Love my Blackhawks. It's like wearing sneakers.
                              What's really good though, is our group has voiced concerns to our Supply NCO about gear we'll be issued at MOB. So they're sending the NCO down to the unit with with us...and a government credit card...to purchase anything we don't get issued and "need". I'm wondering if some of our wants can turn into needs. Heh...

Comment

I have a pair of Blackhawks as well, I love them. I'm still trying to solve the eye-pro problem with prescription inserts always getting scratched and fogged up on me, not to mention seeing as though you're looking through a fishbowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X