X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depolyment Gear

Okay, the initial issue gear just absolutely sucks. I would think that when we make it to the mob station we will get better gear. I was just wondering if anyone knows where to find some stuff cheap or know what the nsn is for some higher speed stuff. I have checked just about everywhere on the net but I'm sure someone else knows better sites.

Re: Depolyment Gear

Brigade Quartermastes has just about anything you can think of. Wherever you're going, you can order from them and other sites that deliver to APOs.

Comment

I got pretty luckly with my deployment, most of my wife's friends got me hooked up. From MIL-TECH to boots I was good.

My unit gave us boot knives and two gerbers then what they didn't give me I went to Rangers Joes

Comment

both rangerjoes and bq are great sites but they are just to high on some of their stuff.. im mainly looking at LBE's

Comment

eBay. You can find a lot of noname airsoft gear that mimics brandname stuff at a quarter of the price there or on sites that sell airsoft gear.

Comment

You get all new stuff at MOB including LBE/IOTV, dont buy that. You will get what you need at MOB.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]eBay. You can find a lot of noname airsoft gear that mimics brandname stuff at a quarter of the price there or on sites that sell airsoft gear.[/QUOTE]

yeah i checked there, but the pod carry might swallow a magazine!

Comment

You will get everything that you need and much, much more at MOB. We each sent an entire duffel bag of gear that we wouldn't use (i.e., ruck, sleep system, cold/wet weather gear, a million ammo pouches, etc.) back to our home unit.

The only items that I'd buy are boots, gloves and sunglasses. Then again, I'm not in Iraq or Afghanistan, so I can't comment on those destinations specifically.

Comment

That's become the new fairy tale...

Santa Claus
                  Easter Bunny
                  You will get it all at MOB Station...

We have had to fight to get our guys outfitted, with the promise it would all come at MOB...some did, some didn't, so then we had to fight to get them what they needed..

Comment

[QUOTE=California Major]That's become the new fairy tale...

Santa Claus
                    Easter Bunny

We have had to fight to get our guys outfitted, with the promise it would all come at MOB...some did, some didn't, so then we had to fight to get them what they needed..[/QUOTE]

And your recommendations are? I proceed to go forth and purchase somethings of my own?

Comment

Talk to your unit...behind the scenes are a bunch of loggies who know what's going on. Someone should be asking the question "what will be issued", and somewhere, someone knows.

Comment

What's most important...is that you order Oakley's to replace whatever WileyX glasses they give you.

Oakless have been proven to make you appear 50% more HOOAH.

Comment

[QUOTE=California Major]That's become the new fairy tale...

Santa Claus
                          Easter Bunny

We have had to fight to get our guys outfitted, with the promise it would all come at MOB...some did, some didn't, so then we had to fight to get them what they needed..[/QUOTE]

You'll get plenty of stuff at mob station. Whether it's the stuff you want is a different question.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]What's most important...is that you order Oakley's to replace whatever WileyX glasses they give you.

Oakless have been proven to make you appear 50% more HOOAH.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i thought it was 62.4%.. thanks for clearing that up lmao

Comment

[QUOTE=matthew.ritchie]You'll get plenty of stuff at mob station. Whether it's the stuff you want is a different question.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, @ us cav i found a 8 pouch LBE that is pretty nice.. im not sure if we'll be issued something like that or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X