X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brm???

shooting was easy. never shot before... we didnt practice all that much...and i was worried!!!!

trust me they will make sure you pass. if not you are completely dumb

some people they give extra magazines to so they could pass and hit 23 targets.

Comment

oh and if you cant zero don't fret it, i didnt and i kicked butt on the range..

people who zeroed and all that, were some of the last ones to qualify!!!

the targets stay up longer than you think.. some are harder to see, they are green and blend in with the outdoors... it's not bad, trust me from someone who gets nervous and never shot!! they will make sure you PASS. just pass to get i over with though!!

Comment

You don't have to shoot at every target. Skip the 300's and the 250's or whatever they are and you can still shoot sharpshooter IIRC plus you have the extra rounds to do so.

Comment

[QUOTE=KentuckyGirl]
          some people they give extra magazines to so they could pass and hit 23 targets.[/QUOTE]

Do they make them do 1 less lap on the PT run also?

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]Do they make them do 1 less lap on the PT run also?[/QUOTE]

They hire contractors to carry your rucks too

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]Do they make them do 1 less lap on the PT run also?[/QUOTE]
              funny you should say that... A AIT, one of the guys in my platoon was known for failing his run and guess what, he magically passed his run the day before graduation. His time was 2 minutes less than what he started AIT with.

Comment

It is unfortunate, but I doubt anyone expects anything different from places like Jackson. They just enjoy that reputation.

Comment

[QUOTE=mryan525]They hire contractors to carry your rucks too[/QUOTE]

hahaha if only.

I though brm was fun! If you follow instructions and don't stress over it to much. I had a hard time with grouping and zeroing. I kept shooting at the target and getting closer but everytime either one was off. My ds decided to not let me go down to the target and look where i shot. instead he went down there and looked and told me how to fix my weapon and then told me to lay in a different position. I was like all slanted to the left :/ but it work. It surprised me. He definitely knew what he was talking about.

Comment

i wish we got more help with shooting, but there's not enough ds, they make you shoot with a battle buddy, if they don't know what they are doing you are just screwed basically.

with the run, i heard they make you run one less lap, who knows..

it would suck to complete everything at basic, the 10 mile hike etc and fail because of a run.. they prob don't want to do paperwork..

Comment

If you are nervous about BRM, do dime drills and use the shadow boxes provided by DS. You'll know what I am talking about when you get there.

Comment

[quote=mryan525]They hire contractors to carry your rucks too[/quote]
                        We carried each others that couldn't keep up. If they couldn't they rode on the big truck AKA the Wardawg. As for BRM just relax and do as told by the DS. Find your sweet spots (comfortable positions).

Comment

This is just me 2 cents that worked for me. I had trouble all through BRM until qual day. I have been shooting and hunting since I was 6, the army way of shooting was'nt working for me and on qual day the DS just told me shoot the **** gun like it was my deer rifle. I threw the breathe, aim , sqeeze out the window and just pointed the gun and shot, I shot a 36 out of 40. This worked for me probably not the best if you've never shot before just listen to the ds they know what they are doing.

Comment

[QUOTE=KentuckyGirl]with the run, i heard they make you run one less lap, who knows..

it would suck to complete everything at basic, the 10 mile hike etc and fail because of a run.. they prob don't want to do paperwork..[/QUOTE]
                            that is BS. if you can't pass your pt test, you won't graduate. if you failed the final test, you took a make-up during family day (and thus were not allowed to go hang out with your families). this happened to 2 guys in my platoon. if you failed the make-up, you became a hold-over. this happened to 1 of those guys. the hold-overs basically stay with the company until a new cycle starts, cleaning and getting everything ready. never heard from them again.

we had 3 hold-overs who were still in my company (when my cycle started) who had failed the final pt test. they basically shadowed our platoons, since they had qualified on everything else, and were like assistants to the DSs. When we took a PT test, they took theirs. The first test, two of them passed, and left. The 3rd one didn't pass until our final test. he was a nice guy, but just didn't have the heart to push himself during pt. hadn't seen his wife in 4 or 5 months. it pays to run.

Comment

hadn't seen his wife in 4 or 5 months. it pays to run.

Maybe that is why he was a holdover? Wanted to bank BHA and not go back to the ole battle ax!:eek:

Comment

Just do what you're taught, think through the steps each time you shoot. Is my cheek where it should be? Am I breathing correctly? Is the rifle in my shoulder pocket? Think through the basics.

And don't be like the retard in our platoon, who after a few days of shooting bad just decided to move his rear-sight apature to the middle because he thought that would make it more accurate. Yeah good thinking...

Comment

Working...
                                X