Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Diploma Online?

THanks for everyones replies
    Last edited by Jdunn93; December 23rd, 2009, 01:18 AM.

Re: High School Diploma Online?

Are you still attending high school? If so, you can enlist, finish up BCT between your junior and senior year, and then go back, finish up your senior year, and go to AIT after you graduate. Shaves some time off.

Don't know anything about the online portion of this, so I simply will keep my mouth shut.

Comment

best bet is to contact a recruiter, they will be able to check and see if your diploma meets a certain criteria and is considered a teir 1 school. I do not have the link to check,maybe someone on this site does though.

Comment

Be extremely careful with this. Ensure without a doubt that this is 100% legit. Check WHO they are accredited by. I can say that the University of Show_Stopper is 100% accredited, problem is, Show_stopper inc. is the accrediting agency, etc.

Be so sure that you would put the house on it. Reason being, that during a security clearance check, they're going to verify your education. They'll at least check the school out to see if its legit, and send something out to verify your attendance, etc.

If you just want to get yourself in quick because you're in a hurry and want to join, which I completely 100% understand and I get that way with stuff, do yourself a favor and sit on your hands for a bit. You can do like the other poster said, or wait until you're closer to graduation and the chances of bonuses or benefits will be higher anyways.

Comment

another thing to think about is ur parents. if u plan on enlisting at 17 you have to have your parents sign a wavier saying that you are allowed to take the phy exam and that they will not interfere with ur contract. I joined at 17 and ik that even if you don't have a high school deploma you can talk to doing the GED+ program. but i agree with everyone on here - talking to a recruiter is your best bet. Best of luck to you :)

Comment

A real highschool diploma should not be ignored this day and age to be honest. I call it downright dumb if you have the ability to and don't get it.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]A real highschool diploma should not be ignored this day and age to be honest. I call it downright dumb if you have the ability to and don't get it.[/QUOTE]

i agree and I'm pretty sure they do take that into account when looking at MOS possibilities. I know my recruter does when looking at applicants.

Comment

[QUOTE=akamilitarygirl]i agree and I'm pretty sure they do take that into account when looking at MOS possibilities. I know my recruter does when looking at applicants.[/QUOTE]

Aside from that, a degree today is what a diploma was years ago. So I can't imagine employers holding a lot of value for anything less than a HS diploma.

(some don't give 2 craps about "online" education either)

Comment

Hey Jonathan Dunn,

Look into Continental Academy.com it is Regionally Accredited. But also ask your recruiter to call down at MEPS and see if the school you are looking at is good to go.

Comment

[QUOTE=Huntman]Hey Jonathan Dunn,

Look into Continental Academy.com it is Regionally Accredited. But also ask your recruiter to call down at MEPS and see if the school you are looking at is good to go.[/QUOTE]

I went thru continental acadamy and my recruiter told me that he was not a teir 1 school so he had me go get a GED to enlist

Comment

All I know is that Continental Academy is Regionally Accredited and that I had an Army NG recruiter ask MEPS and the education dept. and they all said it was good to go. I'm thinking about joining as an MP 31B.

Comment

Why cant you wait the 1yr, graduate and then join. Why all the rush for the National Guard, its a part time gig... Look at the big picture, and not the 1meter target.

Comment

Working...
                        X