X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold weather

It gets cold up here in the winter and we still have to do our PT test outside and were doing a road march this weekend. Does anyone know if we can get hats and gloves or can we buy them to wear or do we have to go without them? :confused:

Re: cold weather

The chances that by next drill you can get them issued to you is slim. You are authorized to wear cold weather gear with your winter pts. You can get it pretty cheap at the PX. As far as your march you can buy black gloves that are authorized for wear with the ACU's.

Comment

Yeah, but here's the kicker: What if your platoon has to all be in the same uniform and you're the only one with gloves? ;) :D

Comment

Simple rule of thumb....if you need it, they'll issue it or tell you to go get it. If in doubt, consult your chain of command.

And yes, it does get cold up in the northland, but we haven't seen the real cold yet. Here's the good thing about the human body....when you work out, you start to warm up, and your body heat will keep you warm. The moisture-wicking attire you'll have on will help keep you dry. So now you don't have to strip off certain attire because you're too warm.

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing. I have a white polypro that doesn't show under the pt gear I will definitely be bringing that. I talked to my recruiter over the weekend and he said we would probably not be issued any cold weather gear.

Comment

Well, many units like uniformity as OCS was pointing out in an earlier posting...meaning everyone looks the same. So...don't be so eager to test and see what you might be able to get away with. I would talk to your chain of command and find out what you're authorized to wear or bring with you for colder weather PT.

Comment

yeah, I will bring the polypro, but i will certainly get permission before wearing it. wouldn't want to violate the uniform any more than I already am (a very large percentage of people run around with no tapes or flag on their ACU).

Comment

Working...
              X