X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• length of ait

Is there a way to find out how long the ait is for each specific mos? Does anyone know how long ait is for MP 31B or cal scout 19D?

Re: length of ait

[url]http://www.nationalguard.com/careers/mos/index.php[/url]

Comment

AIT for 31B is about 10 weeks or so.

Comment

ok thanks. i was just wondering bc if i do smp i need a job that wont keep me out of school for a semester so i need ait that is shorter than 11 weeks.

Comment

11 Bravo!!!!!

Comment

i want 11b once i contract. i dont think you can do it with smp and i dont think id have enough time in the summer either thats the only problem. if i could i would.

Comment

11b is the shortest AIT there is! What are you talking about!

Comment

yea but you have to take it with basic right? i only have 11 weeks of summer and both of those are like 14 plus 1 week of reception. i can only do basic one summer and ait the next so i need a job where ait is around 10 weeks or less.

Comment

Re: length of ait, think outside the box

consider these suggestions.

1. flip-flop the summer and the fall semester. Take 12 hours in the summer, then in the fall do your basic+AIT back-to-back. That gives you approximately 14-16 weeks to work with. That would give you the time you need to do 11B. Also, your class is most likely to be smaller, and probably better weather to work with. good stuff.

2. skip the fall semester, and pick an MOS with a nice long AIT. now we're talking big $$$. Go to basic in early summer, followed by AIT. You could do as much as 7 months(June through December). Save your dough, you won't have to work while you're in school, you have time to take more hours and catch up during summers and/or Maymesters and Decembermesters.

Enjoy your time in college, one semester doesn't make a bit of difference.

Comment

ive thought about that but i also play football. ( its d3 and not going to lead anywhere but i still want to play) yea thats reall not a bad idea though but wouldnt it take me another year of school to graduate then? because its not like i have completely free summers with our rotc camp jr year.

Comment

Re: length of ait, re: football vs. rest of your life

think about this. If you did the flip-flop, you would stay up with your peers, minus 3 hours. And maybe you could get your football fix being a P.E. superstar? With much less chance of getting injured, I'm predicting.

And think about this. Think about how much time you have to practice football, vs. all of that money you're going to make spending 14-16 weeks in OSUT.

One other thing. If you still crave the need for extremely violent hitting, I bet your college has a fight night in the spring. When I was in college, we had a Resident Assistant who fought a football player. Man, you talk about bruised and bloodied!!! He claimed he was alright, but man, if I were him I would be taking about 6 motrin. Bloody lip, scratches all over him.

Comment

yea the money is the part that really makes me think about it. i talked to a recruiter and i can 11b and miss like a week of school and the football will probably let me join again when i get back anyways. i think thats the path im going to take.

Comment

Working...
                        X