X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Benning in Summer or Winter?

Thanks guys, every little bit helps, i just can't wait to get it all over with and head over seas.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pvt. Adams]January 15th to May 23rd[/QUOTE]

Well good luck buddy! My raining dates are Jan 22-May 30 I guess you'll graduate a week before I do.

Comment

[QUOTE=MoGuard11B]My raining dates are Jan 22-May 30 [/QUOTE]

Sounds like it'll be a soggy 5 months.. nyuk nyuk :p

Comment

The advice on Poly Pro's is a good one. Benning doesn't really get that cold (just got back on Dec. 18th and heading back down on the 10th of Jan). If you are doing any physical activities, I'd skip the poly pro's all together. When it was cold and we were in the field all I wore was a long sleeve under armor type shirt under the ACU's and even with that I was sweating sometimes. Temps were in the mid 30's and raining.

Hope you like mud!! ;-)

Comment

HAHAHA there IS no good time to go to benning... i liked it when it was cold for the most part tho... when it was hot it sucked. Plus you get hurt easier in the heat.

Comment

As much as I hate the cold, I would make the exception for Benning and be there any other time than summer time.

Comment

[QUOTE=lookingforthehorizon]HAHAHA there IS no good time to go to benning... i liked it when it was cold for the most part tho... when it was hot it sucked. Plus you get hurt easier in the heat.[/QUOTE]
                I'm going to have to agree. Regardless of which time of the year you train at Benning, it's going to suck somehow. Each season has it's pros and cons just like everything else. Learn to adapt and overcome. Don't forget to hydrate!

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]As much as I hate the cold, I would make the exception for Benning and be there any other time than summer time.[/QUOTE]

it was around 15 degrees on my FTX... we had to warm up our canteens after waking up because the water was frozen. along with our clothing...

oh, it also snowed on our graduation. much prefer sweat my *** off lol

Comment

[QUOTE=taseal]it was around 15 degrees on my FTX... we had to warm up our canteens after waking up because the water was frozen. along with our clothing...

oh, it also snowed on our graduation. much prefer sweat my *** off lol[/QUOTE]

Small world at least they made it a shorter for us.

I got hurt so I was their for the summer and the winter. I would pick summer over winter anyday. I didn't know GA got so cold. You get used to the heat pretty fast.

Comment

I don't think there is any good season to go to any BCT post.

Comment

I went to basic at Benning in the summer, and jump school in the winter. They're both uniquely absolutely miserable.

Comment

I live only like 2 hours from FT Benning and this is the south guys we have humidity and It is rough in the summer and yeah you might have some really cold spells in the winter and you might even see alittle snow fall but definatley exspecialy if your not from the south you wanta go in the winter and spring months!

Comment

Working...
                          X