X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Benning in Summer or Winter?

I went in the winter. I've never been that cold lol. But the plus side is you don't have to worry about critters when you're out in the field. Just that whole 2 degrees of heat (or lack thereof rather).

Comment

ft benning is going to suck no matter what season it is. and i went in the middle of summer, heat cat V, and they just smoked us in the bay since they "weren't allowed" to do it outside. FTXs they can pretty much smoke you 24/7, though. Our 1SG loved to smoke us.

Comment

I was at Benning during winter...not too bad. No heat to speak of until late April (and it got oppressive immediately). If you don't like heat, January probably won't treat you too bad. At the same time, morning PT is frikkin' freezing Mr. Bicklesworth! Humidity + cold = crazy misery, even though I'm from Montana (and I presume you are too, given you're listed as 1-163 IN). If you have questions about Basic at Benning, feel free to shoot me a private message here on the forum.

[QUOTE=Pvt. Adams]I ship to Fort Benning in January 2010 and planned on going then because i am a wuss when i have to work out in the heat, so what are your guys' thoughts on when a good time to go would be.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I think I went at just the right time of year. I started at 30th on March 17th and graduated on July 3rd. A little wet and cold at the beginning and a little hot near the end but the majority of the weather was juuusst right.

Comment

Im headed to Benning in January. Id rather PT in the cold than in a CAT V heat. And I'll be in the best shape of my life for the summer! I'm ready.

Comment

[QUOTE=MoGuard11B]Im headed to Benning in January. [B]Id rather PT in the cold than in a CAT V heat[/B]. And I'll be in the best shape of my life for the summer! I'm ready.[/QUOTE]
              um... your still gonna PT but you won't do it in heat cat V. You'll do it at 0500-0800 depending on your company's schedule. I didn't go 11b so my bct was much less stressful. However, bct is nothing like the movie [I]Full Metal Jacket.[/I] I was there from Aug 5 through Oct 16. The mornings were always comfortable and around 1000 it would start to heat (humidity) up. In the fall the mornings were around 35F and we were only wearing our summer PT's.

Good luck

Comment

[QUOTE=clyde]um... your still gonna PT but you won't do it in heat cat V. You'll do it at 0500-0800 depending on your company's schedule. I didn't go 11b so my bct was much less stressful. However, bct is nothing like the movie [I]Full Metal Jacket.[/I] I was there from Aug 5 through Oct 16. The mornings were always comfortable and around 1000 it would start to heat (humidity) up. In the fall the mornings were around 35F and we were only wearing our summer PT's.

Good luck[/QUOTE]

Lmao... I know I'll PT no matter the weather. I just meant for BCT and initially getting back into shape, like I once was. That way I don't have to worry about heat stroke when I'm gettin smoked!! :cool: I can't wait to get to Benning.

Comment

Yeah i can't wait to go either, i might hate getting smoked, but i know it's all going to help in the long run

Comment

Adams, when do you ship?

Comment

January 4th, like 2 weeks away!

Comment

[QUOTE=Pvt. Adams]January 4th, like 2 weeks away![/QUOTE]

When is you scheduled training date?

Comment

January 15th to May 23rd

Comment

I went there in the winter from California and the cold weather did not hit me until we had a PT test early in the morning. It was a good time and glad I did not go during the summer.

Comment

Luckily i'm use to really cold weather

Comment

Well, the really cold weather will be early in the morning. You'll be cold but then moving around all the time, you'll end up warming up. Carefully using those pollypros. Some guys wanted to wear them when the temp was gonna be like 65f in the afternoon. Well, they ended up sweating. Adams, good luck with 11B :D hope it all works out for you. And remember, you can always do more push-ups... no matter how tired you think you are ;) (its a Benning thing)

Comment

Working...
                                X