X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socks- ACU's

What color should the socks be for the ACU? And how do you lace your boots- underneath, then right over left?

I looked it up in the "Battle Book" but it wasn't in there.

I was also wondering if, the belt is required, and are dog tags a part of the ACU? Thanks.

Re: Socks- ACU's

Brown Socks. Light Brown are what I get at the PX, but I got some dark brown ones on a Marine Base that I like, too.

ID Tags are part of the uniform.

I start underneath when lacing. About three eyes up I go straight up to the next eye instead of across, because I have a high arch.

Comment

Or green socks.

If you can't see em, does it really matter?

Comment

I actually have ankle high socks on right now. I have never been involved in a sock check outside of BCT.

Some things I do on my boots is when I start to lace, at the bottom when you are evening out the strings, so they are equal on both side. I put a overhand knot. That prevents them from ever having one side longer than the other. I also have overhand knots at each end. It prevents the lace from ever coming out of the eyelet. Some boots are different, I have mine set for fast on and fast off

Comment

I know it was a crazy question. I don't want to go to the Fed rec board with the wrong colored socks on.

I've heard they sometimes ask crazy stuff, last thing I need is to show up with the wrong colored socks on.

Comment

So it doesn't matter how you lace them? And is the belt mandatory?

Comment

The belt is part of the uniform.

Comment

[QUOTE=RE4Wavier4me]So it doesn't matter how you lace them? And is the belt mandatory?[/QUOTE]

Here's how it worked for me in the Marines for lacing boots...and unless someone can say what Army regs are, I plan on lacing them the same way again when I get my uniforms here soon.

The first eye-holes (the ones closest to the toe), the lace goes over the holes not under. So without drawing a picture, you would start the lace from on top of the first eye-holes going down almost like going into the boot.

Then you lace the boot going from left to right. Meaning the if you were wearing your boots and looking down at them while lacing, the left lace will always go to the next hole up first, followed by the right lace. Therefore the right lace will always cross over on top of the left lace. And, as someone stated earlier, try to keep them even when lacing.

Comment

The army doesn't care how you lace your boots. Your socks should be the same color as the ones you are issued. Mine are green, but as mentioned, nobody is really going to spot check you on it, you'd probably get at most a quick jibe if somehow someone notices that you're not wearing the proper socks. And yes the belt and tags are supposed to be worn while in uniform.

Comment

Under supposedly makes'em tighter. Depends what your needs are.

Comment

Does the Army do the whole dog tag thing in the laces? I know that was a requirement of the Marines...and I found myself bending those things with my foot because they'd dig into the boot too much.

Glad to hear there's no lacing regs. Marines is way picky about a lot of things including that. What I found odd is that despite all the regs, I always thought the way the Army had the sleeves rolled on the BDUs looked better than the Marines.

Comment

No id tags in boot laces.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mom's Mistake]Does the Army do the whole dog tag thing in the laces? I know that was a requirement of the Marines...and I found myself bending those things with my foot because they'd dig into the boot too much.

Glad to hear there's no lacing regs. Marines is way picky about a lot of things including that. What I found odd is that despite all the regs, [B]I always thought the way the Army had the sleeves rolled on the BDUs looked better than the Marines.[/[/B]QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Comment

[QUOTE=Marine2Guard][QUOTE=Mom's Mistake]Does the Army do the whole dog tag thing in the laces? I know that was a requirement of the Marines...and I found myself bending those things with my foot because they'd dig into the boot too much.

Glad to hear there's no lacing regs. Marines is way picky about a lot of things including that. What I found odd is that despite all the regs, [B]I always thought the way the Army had the sleeves rolled on the BDUs looked better than the Marines.[/[/B]QUOTE]

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing except:eek:

Comment

Halloween is getting close. I heard it was okay if you show up to your Board in a costume.

Comment

Working...
                              X