X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Socks- ACU's

Last edited by Chaplain4me; October 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

black, dark green, light green, brown, dark brown, tan.. anything but white IRRC. Check with AR 670-1

Comment

:eek: don't tell my AIT Platoon Sergent... LOL I hated changing my socks to do PT after school. I think I wore my green socks like 4 times during AIT. Oh, and never a sock check during my training.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chaplain4me]What color should the socks be for the ACU? And how do you lace your boots- underneath, then right over left?

I looked it up in the "Battle Book" but it wasn't in there.

I was also wondering if, the belt is required, and are dog tags a part of the ACU? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sir some things you aren't going to find in the Battle book.

ID Tag:
          116. Wear of identification tags and security badges
          a. Identification (ID) tags. The wear of ID tags is governed by AR 600814.
          (1) Soldiers will wear ID tags at all times when in a field environment, while traveling in aircraft, and when outside
          the continental United States.
          (2) Personnel will wear ID tags around the neck, except when safety considerations apply (such as during physical
          training).

SOCKS AND Belt:

15. THE BLACK OR TAN RIGGER BELTS ARE AUTHORIZED TO BE WORN WITH THE ACU.

16. BLACK, TAN, OR GREEN SOCKS ARE AUTHORIZED TO BE WORN WITH THE ACU.

Boot lacing

5E1. ARMY COMBAT BOOTS (HOT WEATHER AND TEMPERATE WEATHER) MADE OF TAN ROUGH SIDE OUT CATTLEHIDE LEATHER WITH A PLAIN TOE AND TAN RUBBER OUTSOLES. THE BOOTS ARE LACED DIAGONALLY WITH TAN LACES, WITH THE EXCESS LACE TUCKED INTO THE TOP OF THE BOOT UNDER THE BLOUSED TROUSERS, OR WRAPPED AROUND THE TOP OF THE BOOT. METAL CLEATS AND SIDE TABS, AND SEWN-IN OR LACED-IN ZIPPER INSERTS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED. A RUBBER OUTSOLE IS THE ONLY OUTSOLE MATERIAL THAT CURRENTLY MEETS THE NEED FOR DURABILITY AND TRACTION ON SURFACES. OTHER MATERIALS (THAT MAY BE OF A LIGHTER WEIGHT) MAY HAVE SIGNIFICANT PROBLEMS IN THESE AREAS.

Comment

Scks are supposed to be a dark lime green -same color as acu undershirts- and little advice -Make really large rabbit ears with your laces during the double knot, wrap them behind the boot and make another double knot. Works faster than tucking and doesn't chafe during PT

Comment

[QUOTE=Polo08816;104151]Halloween is getting close. I heard it was okay if you show up to your Board in a costume.[/QUOTE]

You trying to mess with the Newbies?

PFC Lindsey

Comment

I tie my boots different for garrson than how I tie them for the field. For garrison it is nothing special, standard lacing and tuck the excess strings into the boot. In the field my boot strings are cut in half. The bottom is tied really tight like a running shoe and secured with a square not. Then there is a gap between the 4th and 5th eye lace to allow my ankle more range of motion and to keep pressure off my achillies tendon. The top part is tied a little more loose to allow my calves to expand when ruck marching. If any one has read the book Get Seleced, this is the way the book recommends tying your boots. I have to say it makes a very noticable difference.

Comment

[QUOTE=Polo08816;104151]Halloween is getting close. I heard it was okay if you show up to your Board in a costume.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Lindsey-14s;142602]You trying to mess with the Newbies?

PFC Lindsey[/QUOTE]

Speaking of newbies. You're responding to a post from a thread well over a year old. Attention to detail PFC. ;)

Comment

Pro-tip: Don't reply to threads that are over a year old. ;)

Comment

[QUOTE=MPThink;142622]Pro-tip: Don't reply to threads that are over a year old. ;)[/QUOTE]

Unless it's something worth contributing to. Internet forum etiquette. Otherwise, Steve gonna getcha! ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X