X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Special Forces Boots

Does having a beard and a suicide belt make him blend in better in the middle east?

Comment

[QUOTE=jasonmiller1975]Does having a beard and a suicide belt make him blend in better in the middle east?[/QUOTE]

Beards are a sign of status in terms of respect in traditional Islamic culture. The intention isn't really to blend in, but to show that when it comes to US Forces, they mean business and carry more weight than others. The rest of his getup however, is just a tad silly and rambo-esque.

Comment

R~LMAO at this thread...thanks!!!:D

Although...I do have the Blackhawk boot that Steve posted...they are extremely comfortable.
        Last edited by Hunter04; December 4th, 2009, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I actually got issued the boots I was asking about so I figured I would let you guys know what kind they were they are made by Danner and they call them moutain boots really nice boot if your commander will let you wear them I highly recommend you get a pair.

Comment

[QUOTE=DaveWhite;101717]Does any one know what kind of boots the SF guys wear the ones that are dark brown with the black toes and can you post a pic if you have one.[/QUOTE]

I think you may be talking about the bates tora bora boot. Sorry, no pic. The team guys in my old unit used to wear them and the danner boots. Only out in the field though. Back on base you had to wear black jungle boots, or jump boots with our class a

Comment

bates tora bora, or the new danner combat boot

Comment

[URL="http://www.danner.com/boots/desert-tfxtm-rough-out-gtxr-insulated-400g-military-boot-tfx.html"]Desert TFX Rough-Out GTX 400G Military Boot[/URL]

[IMG]http://images.danner.com/is/image/LaCrosse/26013?$pdp_main$[/IMG]

Comment

You know... boots are.. well not an objective issue - very subjective if you work on your feet. First off check other boot posts in regards to the currently fielded Danner Combat Hiker in Afghanistan, to the Oakley boots worn by many, and the Blackhawks by others. I personnally cannot wear the issue boots, they cause shin splints, same with most Bellevilles - so I go with what works for me... but you can find boots by Danner, and other shoe/boot manufacturers as well that may or may not fit the bill for the job we do when in a field environment.

Yes the Oakleys work perfect for me, especially when paired with a set of Sorbothane insoles. In my experience working with SF types, it has been whatever works, gets the job done, and lasts longer than one or two missions.

You never wear black jungle boots with Class A uniforms... only Corcoran Jump Boots (or H&H is an acceptable alternative, but not the one supported by Airborne History)... And yes, Jungle boots (of the original green canvas issue version) were the best most versitile (but not meant for anything paved), the black issue generation was not to bad either in some respects. I still have two pair of my issue Chippewa Mountain boots from back in the day, best heavy duty boots I ever owned...

And with the fielding of various types of approved, acceptable, and otherwise, military footwear available, you either use what works - or do as any "poser" would do, and dress the part for looks as a PX commando for your facebook photos and not as a mission capable soldier...
                  Last edited by LRSU_Dog; March 1st, 2011, 03:37 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=LRSU_Dog;142281]You never wear black jungle boots with Class A uniforms... only Corcoran Jump Boots (or H&H is an acceptable alternative, but not the one supported by Airborne History)... And yes, Jungle boots (of the original green canvas issue version) were the best most versitile (but not meant for anything paved), the black issue generation was not to bad either in some respects. I still have two pair of my issue [B]Chippewa Mountain boots from back in the day[/B], best heavy duty boots I ever owned... [/QUOTE]

[B]Chippewa Mountain Boots[/B]- I haven't heard that in a long time, LRSU_Dog you are truly revealing your age, brother.

PS. I have a pair myself.

Comment

probably danner combat, or bates tora bora boot. I used to be in 5th group (support) thats what the team guys liked.

Comment

[QUOTE=LRSU_Dog;142281]You know... boots are.. well not an objective issue - very subjective if you work on your feet. First off check other boot posts in regards to the currently fielded Danner Combat Hiker in Afghanistan, to the Oakley boots worn by many, and the Blackhawks by others. I personnally cannot wear the issue boots, they cause shin splints, same with most Bellevilles - so I go with what works for me... but you can find boots by Danner, and other shoe/boot manufacturers as well that may or may not fit the bill for the job we do when in a field environment.

Yes the Oakleys work perfect for me, especially when paired with a set of Sorbothane insoles. In my experience working with SF types, it has been whatever works, gets the job done, and lasts longer than one or two missions.

You never wear black jungle boots with Class A uniforms... only Corcoran Jump Boots (or H&H is an acceptable alternative, but not the one supported by Airborne History)... And yes, Jungle boots (of the original green canvas issue version) were the best most versitile (but not meant for anything paved), the black issue generation was not to bad either in some respects. I still have two pair of my issue Chippewa Mountain boots from back in the day, best heavy duty boots I ever owned...

And with the fielding of various types of approved, acceptable, and otherwise, military footwear available, you either use what works - or do as any "poser" would do, and dress the part for looks as a PX commando for your facebook photos and not as a mission capable soldier...[/QUOTE]

The all leather basic training boot is also acceptable per AR670-1

Comment

Send your boots to Da Boot Shop at Bragg and request a SOPC Special, when you get them back its like wearing moccasins

Comment

[IMG]http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_570xN.206427073.jpg[/IMG]

My personal favorite.

Comment

[QUOTE=airborne1136;142496]The all leather basic training boot is also acceptable per AR670-1[/QUOTE]

I am not sure where you have gotten your infomration - and yes after 25 years I am pretty versed on 670-1.

The black leather combat boots referenced in the AR are the combat boots originally issued to Paratroopers when the AR was written. This style of combat boot was the same version and style made by Corcoran and H&H. This is not the black combat boot that was issued to basic trainees in the 80s or the 90s (like the ones pictured in Viceroy's post below). As the Army has not issued this type of boot in decades, the standing rule of thumb for Paratroopers is to get your own pair. I do not care where you are on Gruber, Ardennes, heck Long Street for that matter (Ft. Bragg) there has never been a Paratrooper without Corcorans (or H&H) with thier Dress Uniforms.

Even the new uniform upgrade photos show a Paratrooper with Corcorans...

The section of the AR has not been updated, even as other aspects of the AR have been. There have been acceptions to this for non-Airborne units doing special Honor Guard or Parade duties, or similar, where the pant-leg is bloused into the boot.

Comment

[QUOTE=LRSU_Dog;142520]I am not sure where you have gotten your infomration - and yes after 25 years I am pretty versed on 670-1.

The black leather combat boots referenced in the AR are the combat boots originally issued to Paratroopers when the AR was written. This style of combat boot was the same version and style made by Corcoran and H&H. This is not the black combat boot that was issued to basic trainees in the 80s or the 90s (like the ones pictured in Viceroy's post below). As the Army has not issued this type of boot in decades, the standing rule of thumb for Paratroopers is to get your own pair. I do not care where you are on Gruber, Ardennes, heck Long Street for that matter (Ft. Bragg) there has never been a Paratrooper without Corcorans (or H&H) with thier Dress Uniforms.

Even the new uniform upgrade photos show a Paratrooper with Corcorans...

The section of the AR has not been updated, even as other aspects of the AR have been. There have been acceptions to this for non-Airborne units doing special Honor Guard or Parade duties, or similar, where the pant-leg is bloused into the boot.[/QUOTE]

I understand that most paratroopers wear corcorans and it is an unspoken rule that you do ( I was a paratrooper with the 5th sfg) but this is taken directly from ar670-1. unit commanders have the authority to mandate what their troops wear

1611. Items normally worn with the Army green uniform
                                a. Accessories. The following accessories are worn with the Army green uniform.
                                (1) Belt, black web, 1-inch, with brass tip (para 272b).
                                (2) Boots, combat, leather, black (only when bloused slacks are authorized; not authorized with the enlisted Army
                                green dress uniform) (para 273).

Comment

Working...
                                X