X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Office software for $20 on AKO

Okay, where on AKO is it? I can't find it. Anyone know?

EDITED to add location:
    [QUOTE=QuantumRN]Okay, I just had my J6 help me find it and YEP the deal is still running.

I just ordered Miscrosoft Office 2007 for a total of $21.30 and it is being shipped to my house. I just got the confirmation email. :)

For those of you interested, log into AKO and under "Self Service" go to "My Benefits". Then click on Slick Deals and go to the forum. Search the forum for "Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007" and the link is in there.

I will tell you that the link in there will ask for some demographic info and then take you somewhere else where they check eligibility..... read all the instructions as you need to enter in your program code and your ako address to be considered eligible. Then you get an email at your AKO with a link of where to order it. It costs $19.95 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

:D Download it illegally. J/k

No idea. They have it somewhere you can get it for free cause I know thats how all the college kids get it

Comment

I can afford the $20... LOL

Supposedly there's a contract with the Army, like Rosetta Stone. Somewhere on AKO you can request the software for $20 and they mail it to you.

AKO is so confusing to me!

Comment

There was a temporary deal on Vista and then Office 2007 a few years ago....but that is it. Speaking of which....you get a NO GO from me for misleading thread title as I thought the deal was back. :(

Comment

It is back according to my J6! If no one can find it this weekend, I'll ask my J6 on Monday.

Comment

I had a memo last year where it came down that you could get it for free. Im not sure what I did with it though...

Comment

[QUOTE=QuantumRN]Okay, where on AKO is it? I can't find it. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

If it's still out there, it'll be on the [URL="https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/364105"]Slick Deals for Soldiers[/URL] page (AKO login required). I got the full version MS Office Suite for $20 (retails for about $500). You can't even bootleg it that cheap!

If not, then this may be an [URL="http://www.openoffice.org/"]acceptable alternative[/URL].

Comment

I know a guy who works out of the back of his 83 Chevy Caprice who can get ya a copy as long as you dont mind if the CD says "Verbatim" on it....

Also, you have to be able to read Korean to operate but thats a minor hurdle...

Comment

The academic version is like 60bucks if i recall correctly. You just need someone with a .edu email, which seems to be about 2/3rds of the guard. That's also run through vista I think.

Comment

Here is the link 2Lt. Nall was speaking of.

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-us/default.aspx[/url]

Comment

[QUOTE=dnall]The academic version is like 60bucks if i recall correctly. You just need someone with a .edu email, which seems to be about 2/3rds of the guard. That's also run through vista I think.[/QUOTE]

At the University of Texas system schools here, college students can get it (and Windows OS and Mac office version) at their campus bookstore for $6 per CD.

So say the Microsoft software has 3 CDs, it would be $18.

But at least at UTD you had to provide a transcript showing current enrollment for the semester. I miss that cheap software now that I graduated...

Comment

Okay, I just had my J6 help me find it and YEP the deal is still running.

I just ordered Miscrosoft Office 2007 for a total of $21.30 and it is being shipped to my house. I just got the confirmation email. :)

For those of you interested, log into AKO and under "Self Service" go to "My Benefits". Then click on Slick Deals and go to the forum. Search the forum for "Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007" and the link is in there.

I will tell you that the link in there will ask for some demographic info and then take you somewhere else where they check eligibility..... read all the instructions as you need to enter in your program code and your ako address to be considered eligible. Then you get an email at your AKO with a link of where to order it. It costs $19.95 plus tax.

Comment

[QUOTE=QuantumRN]Okay, I just had my J6 help me find it and YEP the deal is still running.

I will tell you that the link in there will ask for some demographic info and then take you somewhere else where they check eligibility..... read all the instructions as you need to enter in your program code and your ako address to be considered eligible. Then you get an email at your AKO with a link of where to order it. It costs $19.95 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

There is no Slick Deals link on the My Army Benefits page. You're better off searching for it using the AKO PUBLIC toolbar.

Also, these forums don't need to be easily accessed. I do not see a search feature anywhere and can only flip through pages on the "Slick Deals for Service Members Home" page. This design is very disappointing.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]There is no Slick Deals link on the My Army Benefits page. You're better off searching for it using the AKO PUBLIC toolbar.

Also, these forums don't need to be easily accessed. I do not see a search feature anywhere and can only flip through pages on the "Slick Deals for Service Members Home" page. This design is very disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Steve, I'll PM you the link. I just don't want to post it publicly.

OK. Link sent. :)

Comment

Why not post it? People would need an AKO to be able to get signed up and receive the confirmation email anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X