X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI Bill and Kicker

I was told by my career counselor at meps that I would be getting the GI bill and kicker because I am still going to school (I graduate in July) but my recruiter told me I wouldn't be eligible because it only takes effect after completion of IET and I won't be shipping to basic until after I graduate. Is what my recruiter told me right? It was put in my contract that I would be getting the GI bill and kicker which is why I'm a little uncertain about what the **** is going on...it's in my contract that I will get it but my recruiter says I won't...

[QUOTE=Sar]I was told by my career counselor at meps that I would be getting the GI bill and kicker because I am still going to school (I graduate in July) but my recruiter told me I wouldn't be eligible because it only takes effect after completion of IET and I won't be shipping to basic until after I graduate. Is what my recruiter told me right? It was put in my contract that I would be getting the GI bill and kicker which is why I'm a little uncertain about what the **** is going on...it's in my contract that I will get it but my recruiter says I won't...[/QUOTE]

You only are eligible to recieve it after you complete your training. Soo...if you are in school after you complete your training then yes...you will get it. If you choose not to further your education any further after AIT, then no, you wont get paid, it will still be there for you should you choose to return to school.

Comment

Working...
    X