Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

$20,000.00 Bonus: How/When do I receive this money.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=HappyGrunt]It is my understanding that I'm going to receive my Enlistment bonus following OSUT training. Will the bonus be deposited directly to my bank account or do I have to call someone?[/QUOTE]

expect to get it one 30-60 days after you report to your unit once your back. When you report to your unit, you will have to have your commander fill out a form( this is what MEPS and my recruiter said) and then it should be on it's way from there, and yes it will go right in your account.
    keep in mind this is only if you are getting a lump sum payment, if not expect half of it then and the other half 3 years from your enlistment date.
    Last edited by jrgillespie630; March 4th, 2009, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Im hearing so many mixed stories on bonuses lately....was originally going reserves & was getting the 20k but long story short got jacked around, ended up goin with the guard and hear its dropped from 20 to 10. 21bravo by the way, if it makes a difference?

Comment

Yeah it's 10K now.

But still.. Better than nothing. Take it for what it's worth.. a bonus.

Comment

it depends om when u enlisted how much u get

Comment

[QUOTE=chd]Or... "nuke them."[/QUOTE]

from orbit... its the only way to be sure :D

[url]http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/aliens/nuke2.wav[/url]

Comment

50% after AIT 30% after 3 years and the other 20% when your contract is up.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pvt.Brackney]50% after AIT 30% after 3 years and the other 20% when your contract is up.[/QUOTE]

That only applies for new enlistees under the new policy.

Comment

I swore in on december 3rd 2008.

As 11b i got 20,000 lump sum upon grad and reporting to my unit.

Comment

additional bonus opportunity

Also, for those who enlist after 2/28/09, you can get additional $5000 under the quick ship option. This is only if:
                    a) you can get a spot to ship out for BCT/AIT within 45 days from your enlistment date
                    or
                    b) ship to BCT/AIT between October thru May.
                    I enlisted on March 9th this year and missed the $20k bonus for 9 days but I was able to make it $15k due to the quick ship bonus. If you fill the requirements mentioned above, [U]make sure you ask your liaison at MEPS for the bonus, they won't offer it unless you ask for it[/U].
                    (I don't think this applies for split-op, but I'm not even sure they offer that anymore)
                    Hope this helps anyone.
                    Hooah!

Comment

[QUOTE=TradyMagrady]I've been told it's half upon completion of basic(or AIT, can't remember which), and half on your 3 year anniversary. [/QUOTE]

thats what my husband was told as well. we live in rhode island but i dont know if it varies from state to state either...he did his i guess his unofficial swearing in where he signed his contract January 8th 2009 and then did his OFFICIAL OFFICIAL swearing in the day he left for OSUT.

Comment

[QUOTE=ANGWifeApril]thats what my husband was told as well. we live in rhode island but i dont know if it varies from state to state either...he did his i guess his unofficial swearing in where he signed his contract January 8th 2009 and then did his OFFICIAL OFFICIAL swearing in the day he left for OSUT.[/QUOTE]

He only did one real, official swear-in, which was the one he did the day he signed his contract. If he did a second one, it was most likely because they tossed him in with a group of DEP (active army recruits) who actually have to do a second swear-in before they are truly IN the army.

The bonus payment is the same from state to state. Up until March, most people got a 50/50 bonus payment structure (half after OSUT/AIT, half after 3 year anniversary). Those of us who were given a lump-sum bonus got it because we took a slot within a unit with a critical UIC (has nothing to do with your MOS....I took a non-critical MOS and still got the 20K lump-sum because my unit was critical).

Comment

[QUOTE=plano2001]He only did one real, official swear-in, which was the one he did the day he signed his contract. If he did a second one, it was most likely because they tossed him in with a group of DEP (active army recruits) who actually have to do a second swear-in before they are truly IN the army.
                          [/QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhhhh....okie dokey smokey. :)

Comment

[QUOTE=Pvt.Brackney]50% after AIT 30% after 3 years and the other 20% when your contract is up.[/QUOTE]

Unless you have the Critical UIC bonus which means you get $20,000 bonus in one lump sum after BCT/AIT.

Comment

i just enlisted last monday and was told flat out that it is no more. and to say i was pissed is an under statement. but it isn't why i want to sevre. just wanted to let you know. oh i'm in illinios, and were broke so i think that has something to do about it.

Comment

[QUOTE=TradyMagrady]I've been told it's half upon completion of basic(or AIT, can't remember which), and half on your 3 year anniversary. Could vary from state to state though. Shouldn't it say that in your contract? Did you read your contract?[/QUOTE]

That is how my $20K bonus worked. Probably the same or you.

Comment

Working...
                                X