X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI Bill Question

I paid for my GI Bill in Active Duty Navy but had a general-under honorable conditions discharge so I can not use it. If I go into the NG and get a honorable discharge from active duty from training would that qualify me to use my GI Bill???

Also would I be allowed to get the Kicker if I met went to a Crit MOS and qualified Unit???

Thank You

Big Maybe

If we can get you your GI BILL, then you should get the kicker too.

So we still need to answer the first part of this puzzle..

Comment

[QUOTE=CaliFit77]I paid for my GI Bill in Active Duty Navy but had a general-under honorable conditions discharge so I can not use it. If I go into the NG and get a honorable discharge from active duty from training would that qualify me to use my GI Bill???

Also would I be allowed to get the Kicker if I met went to a Crit MOS and qualified Unit???

Thank You[/QUOTE]

Woohoo another Cali guy.

What area? Im about 40 miles north of ya, Yuba City/Marysville region.

Btw, Capt Day is a good guy and very willing to help. props to him.

Comment

I am actually in North Elk Grove Area. Guy, well um, nope I don't have the proper equipement for that actually he he he.

Comment

[QUOTE=CaliFit77]I am actually in North Elk Grove Area. Guy, well um, nope I don't have the proper equipement for that actually he he he.[/QUOTE]
          MY BAD! :eek: Sorry. lol

Comment

[QUOTE=CaliFit77]I paid for my GI Bill in Active Duty Navy but had a general-under honorable conditions discharge so I can not use it. If I go into the NG and get a honorable discharge from active duty from training would that qualify me to use my GI Bill???

Thank You[/QUOTE]

GI Bill eligibility is determined by periods of service. You already had your period of service eligibility in the Navy, and you screwed yourself with that discharge. Your traditional drilling ARNG service will qualify you for Chapter 1606, which requires no buy-in, but isn't as generous.

That money you paid into the Chapter 30 program is non-refundable, but you already knew that.

You may wish to research this further at the [URL="http://gibill.va.gov"]VA website[/URL] (because GI Bill is a VA program, not a DoD program).

Comment

Thats what I figured but has to ask, wasn't sure. Thank You

Comment

old veap

paid into VEAP as a squid. Used it to get my bachelors degree. Could I pay into MGIB, or whatever it is now all over? then use it again?

Comment

You can get the Reserve Component version of the GI Bill (MGIB-SR, Chapter 1606) for your service in the National Guard, even though you've already drawn your VEAP (and you must be as old as I am to have drawn your VEAP...).

Comment

Working...
                  X