Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so.... I got in contact with someone from Rsp by calling them through their Cell :P They went over my statements and it all made sense. I signed up Oct 29th and did not go to RSP till Dec. So I owed SGLI from Oct and Nov, also i read my statement and it says i paid my full balance so it wont happen again :)

Comment

Re: Debt Payment?!?

My husband is experiencing the exact same thing! Here's his situation (hopefully I don't confuse you)...He was attached to a unit to go to a deployment, and that unit never unattached him. He still goes to drill at his normal drill (home unit), and he got back in September of last year. Well, ever since I'd say about October, he's been getting these "debt payments Q3, Q4 (labeled under pay & allow)" taken out of his check. Says the original debt was like in the $900-$1000 range and it keeps deducting from it...there are 3 diff debt payment lines, each with diff original debt amounts, all from a different week. For example: Debt payment Pay & Allow Q3 070810-130810...something like that. and the next line will have 140810-200810 etc...its like a week at a time. We have called the financial people, we've gone all the way up to Major in chain of command, we are getting the run around, and next stop is IG office...UGH it's SO frustrating to keep being told "well we don't know why money is being taken out.." or "it's for over payment of BAH (even though we used the correct address and zip code and were paid what that set rate was at the time, not our fault if it changed without notice)...I think its a little suspicious and we are finding out this is happening to a lot of soldiers...I know that the military is having budget issues, but is it really fair to take it back from the veterans unfairly and without proper notification/reasoning? And to me, a DEBT is something someone owes...and in order to try to recoup a debt, you are supposed to inform the debtor in writing valid reasoning for taking money out of pay to pay off a debt owed. My husband NEVER took out a loan, card, anything with the military and any debts he owed creditors are paid off so it can't be that either...But we feel your pain!! Good luck and hopefully your situation gets cleared up soon!!! :)

Comment

[QUOTE=armywife;150350]is it really fair to take it back from the veterans unfairly and without proper notification/reasoning? And to me, a DEBT is something someone owes...and in order to try to recoup a debt, you are supposed to inform the debtor in writing valid reasoning for taking money out of pay to pay off a debt owed. [/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, "fair" is not really in the vocabulary of the finance office. They aren't required to give you notification prior to recouping the debt, however you should be able to find out what the debt is for. 9 times out of 10 when there is a debt payment being taken out it is actually for a legit reason. If the unit digs deep enough they can find out what the debt is for. If you have exhausted all resources at the unit and given them time to resolve the issue then perhaps you should contact the IG. They will probably be able to give you an answer within a day or 2. That may not mean getting rid of the debt, but at least you'd know what it is for.

Comment

You can also go to DFAS's site and call them. While they can't fix the problem for you, they can tell you what the problem is.

Comment

i'll just add to the story. Couple months ago I had $70 taken out that was a debt. Ended up being an extra order i had that I cancelled having to go to but the motel was already booked... it was a charge from that motel room, like nine months ago...and just popped up now. No warning it would be taken out ahead of time. I was told way back when it would be done, forgot about it, and nine months later saw it taken out. But back to the original poster, if you are in RSP and experience it, its 99% sure going to be that SGLI.

Comment

Working...
            X