X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• money to go to school.

i was told by the rsp cadre that ifyou attend school the guard will pay you to go. like 360 a month/4500 a year or something? i dont remember exactly because i hate school but i need the money and 360 a month would be awesome.

Re: money to go to school.

MGIB is what pays you to attend school. This is something you will see in your contract. The $4500 a year thing you are thinking of is the FTA (Federal Tuition Assistance) and is paid directly to the school IIRC to cover tuition.

Comment

how do i know if its even in my contract i never looked at it. they just started talking about school and money and stuff. if i start going to school will they just pay me?

Comment

[QUOTE=Petterle]how do i know if its even in my contract i never looked at it. they just started talking about school and money and stuff. if i start going to school will they just pay me?[/QUOTE]

You mean you signed an enlistment contract without reading it? Here is one for Moms Mistake. Hua!:D.

Comment

well i read it but i have no idea what any of it means. i just wanted to get in

Comment

If you finished IET you should be eligible for MGIB and FTA.

Comment

Just curious, what is your MOS?

Comment

yeah i thought joining the army as a 63b....err 91b, would help me get a job. but i guess they dont like it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Petterle]yeah i thought joining the army as a 63b....err 91b, would help me get a job. but i guess they dont like it.[/QUOTE]

Who is they that don't like it?

Comment

potential employers. and the fact that i live in cali, these hippies hate the military out here

Comment

Working...
                    X