X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State Tuition Assistance

Is anyone familiar with the State TA in Ohio ? If Federal TA pays $250 per credit hour and tuition is $400 per credit hour, will the State TA in Ohio pick up the tab ?

Also, to my understanding from searching the threads TA will cover 1 Associates, 1 Bachelors and 1 Masters. Is this correct ?

Re: Ohio State Tuition Assistance

Your best bet is to check with your ESO. They will have the latest info on education benefits.

Comment

[QUOTE=7011USMC]Your best bet is to check with your ESO. They will have the latest info on education benefits.[/QUOTE]

I'll do that. Website states they cover up to $250 a credit hour for up to 8 full semesters but doesn't specify beyond that.

Thanks

Comment

there is a difference between FTA and state assistance. Understand the difference between state assistance and FTA.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chaplain4me]there is a difference between FTA and state assistance. Understand the difference between state assistance and FTA.[/QUOTE]

Yes I know they are two different avenues of education benefits. One from the federal government, one from my state (Ohio). My question is if the Federal covers $250 per credit hour (up to $4500 per yr) and my tuition is beyond $250 per credit hour, can the State TA be used to cover that or can you not use the two simultaneously ?

Comment

[B]Ohio National Guard Scholarship Program

OH NG Scholarship Program pays up to 100% tuition and fees at state colleges and universities. Applies to enlisted soldiers, and officers who previously used benefits as an enlisted member. Pays up to 100% of average state college or university tuition at private or out-of-state schools. Eligibility is based on members service obligation and status. Website is [url]www.ongsp.org[/url]. [/B]

FTA would only cover tuition.

Comment

Working...
            X