X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Insurance for ARNG

I enlisted to the TNARNG a week ago yesterday and I ship to Fort Jackson 20091116 for bct and then to Fort Leonard Wood in March.....I have my own health insurance policy right now through Blue Cross and I'm wondering what I should do for myself insurance wise before I leave and for when I get back.....if anyone can shed any light on health insurance for the Guard and how/when I need to get it I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Health Insurance for ARNG

While you are on active duty for training you will get Tricare with no premium payments. The coverage will end the day you leave active status. You can either restart your BC/BS policy or Tricare Reserve Select is available to you. It has the option to either have coverage from the date you leave active status or continously open enrollment. The premiums are about $47 for soldier only and $180 for family per month. To sign up go to the Tricare website, find out who the regional administrator is for your area of the country, and send them the info they need.

Comment

Nice....thank you a lot that answers my question!

Comment

On a side note, if your insurance is through your employer, you need to tell them whether or not you wish to continue their health insurance while you're away.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hanson]On a side note, if your insurance is through your employer, you need to tell them whether or not you wish to continue their health insurance while you're away.[/QUOTE]

And arrange to pay the premiums.

Comment

[QUOTE=cyall]While you are on active duty for training you will get Tricare with no premium payments. The coverage will end the day you leave active status. You can either restart your BC/BS policy or Tricare Reserve Select is available to you. It has the option to either have coverage from the date you leave active status or continously open enrollment. The premiums are about $47 for soldier only and $180 for family per month. To sign up go to the Tricare website, find out who the regional administrator is for your area of the country, and send them the info they need.[/QUOTE]

[url]www.tricarereserveselect.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
            X