X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI Bill during I.R.R. Status

title says it all. I've served in the Guard for 6 years, and now I am just starting my I.R.R. status. I was recieving title 1607 when I was a TDY solider, from my deployment overseas to a combat area....do I still get G.I. Bill?

any info posted, mucho gracious!

Re: GI Bill during I.R.R. Status

[QUOTE=SGT Bart]title says it all. I've served in the Guard for 6 years, and now I am just starting my I.R.R. status. I was recieving title 1607 when I was a TDY solider, from my deployment overseas to a combat area....do I still get G.I. Bill?

any info posted, mucho gracious![/QUOTE]

In a word, no. Chapters 1606 and 1607 require active participation (i.e., drilling status).

Comment

That was my understanding, Thanks for the quick post sir! Your too good.

Comment

You can go back to drilling, but you'll have to go through the re-enlistment process allover. Same paperwork. (front of the line at MEPS, but still take half the day)

Comment

You should be eligible for the post 9/11 GI Bill. With one deployment after 9/11 totalling 12 months (but less than 18 months) you'd be eligible at 60% of the total benefit.

Call your local GI Bill manager to assist you in setting it up.

Comment

Can anyone post the Virginia GI Bill education office or education officers number? I am at work until late this evening and have no access to search engines and such here at work but would like to call them A.S.A.P. since I have been I.R.R. status the past several months but the chance that I could still have been award partial G.I. Bill money.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out and post the contact number or P.M. it.

Comment

Sent you PM.

Comment

Its on [url]www.virtualarmory.com[/url].

Comment

[QUOTE=CPT Burritt]You should be eligible for the post 9/11 GI Bill. With one deployment after 9/11 totalling 12 months (but less than 18 months) you'd be eligible at 60% of the total benefit.

Call your local GI Bill manager to assist you in setting it up.[/QUOTE]

I was deployed for a year with the guard, Title 32 overseas after 9/11. Read that i'm not eligable....what a bummer....:mad:

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]You can go back to drilling, but you'll have to go through the re-enlistment process allover. Same paperwork. (front of the line at MEPS, but still take half the day)[/QUOTE]

There is NO front of the line....just there Monday....:mad:
                    Fall in with everyone else.

Comment

[QUOTE=KMANinTX]There is NO front of the line....just there Monday....:mad:
                      Fall in with everyone else.[/QUOTE]
                      That sucks, I got front of the line when I went.

Comment

Yup, it's true. I got to skip ahead a little, though, because I was the only one ready to pee at the appointed time.

Comment

Whoever said all MEPS staff had common sense? :rolleyes:

Comment

Maybe for my case it had to do with being 40.........:confused:
                            Either way, I was done by noon. I did think it was run fairly well. Everything seemed to fall in right behind each other. pee-test, ortho, etc,etc...I was impressed how smooth it went.

Oh, remember now, head of the line for everything was people shipping that day.

Comment

Working...
                            X