X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteering for deployment on GKO

Has anyone had any luck with the volunteer list on GKO? If so how long does it usually take to hear from somebody? I graduated basic as a 11b last month (7-3-09) and my unit returned from Iraq a couple weeks ago so it's unlikely I'll be going with them any time soon. I'd really like to go help out any way I can. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Volunteering for deployment on GKO

The easy way is to go to your AKO and go to "MY RECOREDS" on the left side it we say "Volunteer For a Deployment" and push the button. Thats what I did there is no wait on having to send your red report to the unit or anything. Plus there is a good chance you can deploy with and Active duty unit.

Comment

[QUOTE=Agent.Fox]The easy way is to go to your AKO and go to "MY RECOREDS" on the left side it we say "Volunteer For a Deployment" and push the button. Thats what I did there is no wait on having to send your red report to the unit or anything. Plus there is a good chance you can deploy with and Active duty unit.[/QUOTE]

I already volunteered on "GKO" as the title suggests but I can't find any place on "AKO". I understand there is no waiting time to volunteer but I would like to know if anyone has been picked from these lists and if so how long it took from the time they put themselves on the list until they got called.

Comment

I did it on AKO and got a call from the unit's NCOIS two day's later. Week after that got my orders.

Comment

[QUOTE]The easy way is to go to your AKO and go to "MY RECOREDS" on the left side it we say "Volunteer For a Deployment" and push the button. Thats what I did there is no wait on having to send your red report to the unit or anything. Plus there is a good chance you can deploy with and Active duty unit.
          __________________[/QUOTE]

Agent Fox, I also can not find the "My Records" area on AKO the drop down menus do not seem to contain it, any chance you could give some specific info as to where it is.

Thanks.

Comment

Go to Self Service at the top, then on right side under "Officer Personnel Self-Service Applications" go to "HUMAN RESOURCES COMMAND WEBSITE" go to Enlisted if you enlisted go to AGR and then click on "Mobilization/Demobilization", then Click on " Volunteer for Current Operations". And just go from there it tell's you what to do. Hope it well help.

Comment

Got it, Thanks.

Comment

[QUOTE=Agent.Fox]I did it on AKO and got a call from the unit's NCOIS two day's later. Week after that got my orders.[/QUOTE]

Could you provide more details? Was the unit out of state? If so, did your state have any say in the matter? I have several Soldiers who are more interested in deploying to actual combat, rather than where we are going sometime next 4th quarter.

Comment

Yes, the unit was out of state that picked me up a buddy of mine did the same thing and he got pick up by an active duty unit, going to the Horn Of Africa for a year.

Comment

When I was AD and I did the requisition I had orders in hand like 5 days later

Comment

Checked it out and did some research. Primariliy for AD & AR but guard soldiers can apply. Mobilizations are not all overseas, actuall most of them were CONUS.

Comment

[QUOTE=kswat07]Checked it out and did some research. Primariliy for AD & AR but guard soldiers can apply. Mobilizations are not all overseas, actuall most of them were CONUS.[/QUOTE]
                        That's why you put you want a combat tour.

Comment

I am a 74D CBRN in the louisiana army national guard, i have used the tour of duty website through gko to volunteer for deployment and have had no luck i have also contacted several units that i read would be deploying and had no luck there. I want to go to afghanistan if i deploy as i missed out on my iraq deployment after being injured during premob i am now medically cleared and back to good so i would like to try this again. I tryed using the hrc site but im guessing the volunteering for current opperations link wasnt working all it would do is show my the benefits for volunteering for the war on terror unless i may have missed something if anyone can help me on this it would be greatly appreciated as i am very anxious to deploy once again and serve my country.

Comment

Working...
                          X