X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Qualification

During AT when my unit was requalifying with their weapons, there was a discussion among the soldiers and what you had to 'shoot' to qualify for marksman, expert, hawkeye, etc. Does anyone remember what the qualification ranges are?

Re: Weapon Qualification

Marksman 23-29, Sharpshooter 30-35, expert 36-40

Comment

On this topic, does anyone know the qualification scores for 9mm? Can't seem to get a straight answer. :confused:

Comment

Wait Wait I got it I got it.... For the M9...Page A-9 of FM 3-23.35 says the qualification for Combat Pistol is 26-30 expert, 21-25 Sharpshooter, and 16-20 Marksman. But for the Alternate Pistol Course on page B-5 of FM 3-23.35 it says 36-40 Expert, 29-35 Sharpshooter, and 24-28 Marksman.

Ohhh wait it gets even better!!!

For the M16/M4 According to page 6-16 of FM 3-22.9 on a pop up range 36-40 is expert, 30-35 sharpshooter and 23-29 is Marksman.

However on Page 6-18 of FM 3-22.9 on an ALT-C course 38-40 is expert, 33-37 is Sharpshooter, and 26-32 is Marksman.

And fact of life in the Guard, You may very well find yourself firing an ALT-C course.

The main point in this post people is that it is black and white. Any google search will turn up the Correct FMs and all you need to do is look it up....

Comment

The M9 range at FLW is scored out of 50. I think basic qual and combat pistol are 2 different events.

Comment

Exactly my issue... I shot 44 out of 50 and was told marksman. There isn't an FM that I could find for basic qual. Just doesn't sound right :confused:

Comment

[QUOTE=31Brecruit]Exactly my issue... I shot 44 out of 50 and was told marksman. There isn't an FM that I could find for basic qual. Just doesn't sound right :confused:[/QUOTE]

All I know is expert is 48-50.

Comment

[QUOTE=31Brecruit]Exactly my issue... I shot 44 out of 50 and was told marksman. There isn't an FM that I could find for basic qual. Just doesn't sound right :confused:[/QUOTE]

Since you're a 31B, I imagine you fired the Military Police Firearms Qualification Course for 9MM.

In accordance with FM 19-10 (MILITARY POLICE LAW AND ORDER OPERATIONS), App B the MPFQC standards are: Expert, 48 to 50 hits. Sharpshooter, 45 to 47 hits. [B]Marksman, 35 to 44 hits[/B]. Unqualified, 34 or fewer hits.

Just missed sharpshooter.
                Last edited by MAJ Powers; November 6th, 2009, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Too get Hawkeye with the Rifle you have to shoot 40 out of 40

Comment

[QUOTE=MAJ Powers]Since you're a 31B, I imaging you fired the Military Police Firearms Qualification Course for 9MM.

In accordance with FM 19-10 (MILITARY POLICE LAW AND ORDER OPERATIONS), App B the MPFQC standards are: Expert, 48 to 50 hits. Sharpshooter, 45 to 47 hits. [B]Marksman, 35 to 44 hits[/B]. Unqualified, 34 or fewer hits.

Just missed sharpshooter.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir!!! After reading the few responses, that would have been my next step. To find something MP related :-)

Comment

I figured there was alternates, as I did do pistol and rifle that way once. I just didn't feel like pulling up regs.

Comment

[QUOTE=MAJ Powers]Since you're a 31B, I imaging you fired the Military Police Firearms Qualification Course for 9MM.

Just missed sharpshooter.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir, still trying to find my way around with the FM's and where to find info.

Comment

I wise old Yoda NCO told me one day, qualified is 100%. If you have to look for min. standards then you are allowing failure. Do your best, dont think about a score, hit every target.

Comment

Working...
                          X