X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E1-E4 Promotions

[QUOTE=Lance13D;133420]Chain of Command should be something you learn at BCT/IET. A sponsor shouldn't have to re-teach you to ask your TL/SL if you have a question.[/QUOTE]

True, however...different units operate their CoC differently with regards to admin issues. Some are strictly by the book (TL, SL, PLTSGT, etc), some are more loose on it (PLTSGT, etc) and some don't pay too much to it at all (straight to RNCO)

A sponsor's duty is to introduce you to all resources available in your chain of command. And he's also likely been around long enough to tell you what flies and what doesn't.

Comment

i didnt read the other 6 pages, but regarding the "monkey wrench" situation that was brought...

doesnt it also matter how long he was out of service, and what mos he comes back in, and being mosq before getting any sort of rank back?

i had a 3 year break in service. when i came back in i had to drop a rank, then wait until i was mosq (new mos) before they gave me back my e4. this was back in 2000. of course, right after they decided not to drop people's rank anymore. :/
      Last edited by seangworld; September 29th, 2010, 01:47 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord;133400]Were you taught the chain of command at all?[/QUOTE]

I was taught the COC and very well. I did ask my TL/SQ/PS and they all said the same thing; they didn't know and that I should ask my RNCO and so I did.

Comment

[QUOTE=taampv;133452]I was taught the COC and very well. I did ask my TL/SQ/PS and they all said the same thing; they didn't know and that I should ask my RNCO and so I did.[/QUOTE]

When in doubt, your unit should have a board where you can get drill schedules and such. There should be a soldier action request form there. Fill it out and hand it in, it'll get done because then they know next step is IG.

Comment

[QUOTE=EOrsini;133454]When in doubt, your unit should have a board where you can get drill schedules and such. There should be a soldier action request form there. Fill it out and hand it in, it'll get done because then they know next step is IG.[/QUOTE]

and i can tell you from experience that people start moving when you mention IG. i actually had to call them when i was at AIT a couple years ago (long story) and they started running around like chickens with their heads cut off. it was HILARIOUS (to me, watching this).

the IG got some frickin power. but use them as your very very last option!

Comment

[QUOTE=EOrsini;133454]When in doubt, your unit should have a board where you can get drill schedules and such. There should be a soldier action request form there. Fill it out and hand it in, it'll get done because then they know next step is IG.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the information Sir.

Comment

[QUOTE=seangworld;133459]and i can tell you from experience that people start moving when you mention IG. i actually had to call them when i was at AIT a couple years ago (long story) and they started running around like chickens with their heads cut off. it was HILARIOUS (to me, watching this).

the IG got some frickin power. but use them as your very very last option![/QUOTE]

People also have strong distaste to those who go to the IG. I'm not saying don't do it, but be prepared to be called "IG Ranger" :cool:

Comment

[QUOTE=Teuvil;133488]People also have strong distaste to those who go to the IG. I'm not saying don't do it, but be prepared to be called "IG Ranger" :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know what you mean. I will only go to the IG as my very last option.

Comment

Working...
                  X